Walmart grocery pickup is amazing!

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2021, 02:55 PM

They use outside contractors to deliver so they aren't technically Walmart employees. Tips are in the delivery but are optional and can be adjusted. The drivers we have had have been really friendly and in the delivery time window. Ding dong, bring them in the house.
Old 04-06-2021, 12:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

I’ve been using Walmart’s drive-in grocery pickup service for many months. It is a slick, reliable service with friendly young people loading your car. You don’t even have to roll down your window. They know when you’ll arrive by using their app to tell them when you’re leaving home. Once you pull in, you’ll have your groceries and be on your way in a matter of minutes. And the kids even refuse to accept tips. I insisted the last time and they said they’d accept, but would donate it to a kid’s charity. There can be out-of-stock situations, but they don’t occur often. We also use the Sam’s Club drive thru and it’s equally good.

We’ve tried Publix home delivery as well as their curbside delivery. The process is just as good as Walmart’s, but Publix has “contracted out” all their grocery shopping services outside the store to a company called InstaCart. The big disadvantage to shopping Publix or several other stores contracted with InstaCart is that they set different, higher prices than in store. I’ve done some comparisons and the InstaCart prices can be anywhere from 10-40% higher than the in-store prices. And InstaCart encourages tipping their delivery employees.

All in all these services are VERY convenient, so much so that we’ll probably shop inside grocery store only infrequently in the future.

Walgreens also has a very quick, reliable as and user-friendly curbside delivery service.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:12 AM
Location: Formerly Village of Gilchrist, now Pensacola Villas

I have frequently used the Neighborhood WalMart pick-up during the last year, I have been absolutely delighted with the service and recommend it to others often. Thanks WalMart...pretty slick!
Old 04-06-2021, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyg View Post
Agree! They have done a fantastic job. We always tip, but have been told by a few employees they could not accept.
The last thing we want to do is get the employees who are helping us in trouble. So I usually put the cash in their basket and say something like, "Maybe you just found it there."
It is a great service and we really appreciate their efficiency.
Same here we've had great experiences at Walmart. We usually leave some cash laying in the rear of the van and tell them don't forget to pick up that green paper stuff.

Tags
walmart, pickup, aldi, cost, grocery

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.