Spackle small section of wall

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2023, 04:00 AM
Default Spackle small section of wall

I had my countertops replaced and have tiled "most" of the area behind them where the backsplash was. I have a small section roughly 5" x 26" where there is no longer a backsplash, removal of the old backsplash has left this area needing spackling before I can paint it and call the job done.

I don't know how to replicate the texture of the wall (I call it pebble or bubble) but none the less I don't know to how do that, all my experience is with smooth walls. Anyway, I am in need of either gaining the knowledge to replicate the finish or to hire a handyman type to complete this. I realize this isn't much work but I am willing to pay what it takes to get a competent yet reasonable person to "start their truck".

Thanks
Old 07-07-2023, 04:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,411 Times in 5,104 Posts

The finish is called orange peel. You can buy a spray can of orange peel texture at Home Depot. It comes in different textures, but you probably need the medium texture. You can also buy a small piece of drywall (2 ft by 2 ft) to practice spraying it on before using it in your house.

If you want a professional job, call a drywall contractor. Here are two:

A Touch of Drywall (Laurie), 352-636-6859
Altman Drywall, 352-266-8266
Old 07-07-2023, 05:38 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Agree with Rg6............lowes or home depot have the spray.

Do practice............can use cardboard box.

Easy to do.
Old 07-07-2023, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I agree with above, the spray cans of "orange peel" have adjustable settings, so you will need to practice to see which setting most closely matches your walls. I have gotten close, never a perfect match. So IMHO, it you want a perfect match, go with the above contractors, if close is good enough practice and DIY.
NOTE: paint the practice area with your final paint to check for a pattern match.
Old 07-07-2023, 01:59 PM
Default Thanks for the response

Thanks to you for the replies. I will give the recommended folks a call and see if they are interested, if not I'll have a go at it. Thanks again.
Closed Thread

Tags
backsplash, call, small, replicate, section

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.