Plantation shutters

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Default Plantation shutters

Hi, we have finally made a decision about window dressings. We are leaning towards Plantation Shutters. If I may ask for recommendations, pros, cons and phone numbers of installers. Thank you in advance. Kathy
Old 10-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erijo View Post
Hi, we have finally made a decision about window dressings. We are leaning towards Plantation Shutters. If I may ask for recommendations, pros, cons and phone numbers of installers. Thank you in advance. Kathy
We have used plantation shutters in several homes and always been pleased. But pick the material carefully.

In TV we used 48 Hour Blinds and have been very happy since they were installed 3.5 years ago. For plantation shutters it will take about a month, not 48 hours for delivery and installation.

Things to keep in mind: all wood shutters will warp in the heat/sun, as will vinyl and some plastics. . We decided on a coated aluminium that is more forgiving in this climate.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:28 AM

I used Shutter and Blind Pros but I can no longer recommend them. Guy Murray failed to respond to my calls for over a year and finally my vertical blinds pulled out of the wall. I had recommended him to several people before this experience and hope they do not have problems. I called 48 Hr. Blinds to have them replaced and received quick and efficient service. I hope and pray I don't have problems with the shutters I purchased through Shutter and Blind Pros. So I guess this is a warning about Shutter and Blind Pros and a recommendation for 48 Hr. Blinds.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erijo View Post
Make sure you are allowed check your deed restrictions
Old 02-14-2016, 10:52 AM
Gold member

Another vote for 48 Hours Blinds - used them in two homes. They have held up beautifully and love the quality - really enhances the home.
Closed Thread

Tags
plantation, shutters, phone, cons, recommendations, numbers, pros, installers, advance, kathy, decision, made, finally, window, leaning, dressings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.