100 plus

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2016, 08:46 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default 100 plus

This was a first for me. We returned to Ohio last night from a visit to my father- in- laws house in Annandale VA where we helped him celebrate his 100th birthday. Three days before his, I celebrated mine which is a few years short of 100. While I have seen many changes, he has seen many more. If only I would be as sharp as he at that age.

How many of you personally know of 100 year olds and then would want to live that long. After seeing him, I would.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
This was a first for me. We returned to Ohio last night from a visit to my father- in- laws house in Annandale VA where we helped him celebrate his 100th birthday. Three days before his, I celebrated mine which is a few years short of 100. While I have seen many changes, he has seen many more. If only I would be as sharp as he at that age.

How many of you personally know of 100 year olds and then would want to live that long. After seeing him, I would.
My grandmother got to 100 in her mind anyway. She has Alzheimer's the last few years of her live and a few months short of 100 my Aunt whispered in her ear that she had reached 100. She had always had that goal of living that long. She passed soon after my Aunt lied to her that she had made it.

I believe one of the patients I helped at the VA in Reno, Nevada was 100 as this was in 1977-1978 and he was a Veteran of the Spanish American War.
Closed Thread

Tags
short, live, long, olds, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.