Birthdays

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Veteran member
Default Birthdays

Why do some hate them and some love them? Does having them make you feel differently? Not me, age is just a number.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Why do some hate them and some love them? Does having them make you feel differently? Not me, age is just a number.

I don't like a fuss, but it is nice to know that people care about you. This last birthday was a huge turning point in my mind. Suddenly, I want to talk about things that matter to me and to the world. Maybe because three quarters of a century...is kind an overwhelming threshold and I get the sense that time is not unlimited.

I think 12 and 21, and 40 and 75 are huge and very changing birthdays.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

The only numbers that matter to me are the day/date/year I was born and the day I cease to exist. I try to fill in the rest with good stuff everyday but, since I'm human, that doesn't always happen.

"Don't Worry, Be Happy"

Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy

Last edited by Walter123; 11-21-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:55 AM
Dancing Thyme

I have always, always loved my birthday and usually say I'm a year older the day after my birthday. However, as I get into my 70's, I find this more difficult than ever. I think its finally hit me,,,, dang, I'm old!!! I know its only a number but I do feel many more aches and pains and really can't dance as much as I used to.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Eternal Member

I like to have birthday parties.
Of course at Codys as many of you may know. LOL
I like to enjoy fun time with my friends & family and birthdays are always a great time to get together and have a good time with lots of laughter.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Sage

Some people like themselves/other people, and look forward to celebrating their birthdays.

Some people are private and don't like the fuss some people create in having a birthday for them.

Sometimes, it's a matter of self -image. A good self-image equals a birthday party. A low self image means, that a person would like it to pass by, without notice. Some people are just too shy.

To each their own.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Veteran member

I think birthdays are a pain in the butt. Too many parties all the time and too many gifts to buy. I like my personal time and partying is something I don't like to do all the time. Sometimes yes but probably it's better not to have too many friends... Otherwise too many parties. The only important one was my mother's 90th birthday. Personalize small birthdays are nice. Singing in restaurants disturbs other people's private conversations. When I have one probably I prefer just to be with my family. When you get older they occur too often. Hahaha...just my two cents. My husband and I go out for our birthdays in a very intimate way in some special restaurant. I don't announce it and I don't want to be recognized by the whole restaurant.

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.