Cataract surgeons

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2022, 08:06 PM
Default Cataract surgeons

Looking for people that have been to st lukes for cataract surgery, specifically dr ireland. Any reviews would be helpful
it is a difficult cataract not sure how well they deal wih them
Old 08-29-2022, 08:21 AM

I just had cataract surgery at St Lukes but had Dr Mequio and have nothing but high praise for the doctor and for St Lukes. Everything was on time with no waits of any length. Everything was very professional and extremely happy with the results.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:47 AM
Default Cataract surgery

St. Luke's Cataract Institute, original office in Tarpon Springs, has been in operation in the area for many years. I can attest to the last 40 years that I have seen nothing but rave reviews of this practice. As an RN who followed many of their patients while in St Pete area, I never heard any complaints.. My spouse and I both had ours done there. They are known world wide and have pictures in the office in Tarpon of the many dignitaries from all over the world who have had surgery there. 3 names that come to me immediately are both the Geo. Bush's, Norman Schwartzcoff (spelling ?) and I could go on. The institute was founded by Dr James Gills and he was also a developer of several types of the intra-ocular lenses used in the surgery. He may no longer practice but his son is still with the practice. Dr Gills would hire no one but the best of surgeons to continue in his stellar reputation. Dr Kathy Ireland was the first physician hired here in TV when he opened this satellite office and I have heard nothing but glowing reviews in my 20 years here in TV. I would not hesitate to have any procedure performed by the surgeons in this practice.
Old 08-29-2022, 11:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
St. Luke's Cataract…Dr Gills would hire no one but the best of surgeons to continue in his stellar reputation. Dr Kathy Ireland was the first physician hired here in TV when he opened this satellite office and I have heard nothing but glowing reviews in my 20 years here in TV. I would not hesitate to have any procedure performed by the surgeons in this practice.
I can see how you might confuse Kathy Ireland and Dr. Kimberly Ireland MD. They are both very attractive. Dr Ireland is an accomplished eye surgeon and I’ve heard also flys helicopters.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark291@comcast.net View Post
Looking for people that have been to st lukes for cataract surgery, specifically dr ireland. Any reviews would be helpful
it is a difficult cataract not sure how well they deal wih them
After waiting a couple of years to have my cataracts done (big chicken) I went to Dr Ireland and was very pleased with her and the office. They are very organized and make you feel comfortable from start to finish. Schedule a consultation with her and see how you feel after speaking with her.
Old 08-29-2022, 05:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

While I understand Dr Ireland is your choice, If you are interested in a second opinion I recommend Scot Homan at Lake Eye Associates.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-30-2022, 04:56 AM

She is the best. No problems after having both eyes done. Its been at least four years.
Old 08-30-2022, 05:07 AM

I had cataracts done by Dr Ireland a couple of years ago and I can’t praise her enough. She is excellent!
Old 08-30-2022, 05:25 AM
Veteran member

Mine was done in Boston long before I moved to TV. However, based on what I've heard from friends here as well as the views of others (as expressed in this thread, for example), I hear nothing but high praise for the whole St Luke's setup in general—state of the art—and Dr Ireland in particular. I have a friend here who sorely needs cataract surgery, and I've been encouraging him to go this route. Best wishes to you!

Last edited by Quixote; 08-30-2022 at 05:26 AM. Reason: fix typo
Old 08-30-2022, 05:25 AM

Can't say enough GOOD things about Dr. Ireland and her practice. Sames goes for my wife. Both of us selected Dr. Ireland to perform cataract surgery and we are both very pleased with the outcome.
Old 08-30-2022, 05:34 AM

St. Lukes Eye in Sumter Landing is the best...staff and Dr. Ireland. They have cataract diagnosis, treatment, and post op care down to a science. I spent a career in medicine so know what to good care looks like...and I was extremely happy with St. Luke's, Dr. Ireland, and had both eyes done this past spring. I know several friends who were also very happy there. You'll be impressed with their caring attitude and their efficiency.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:30 AM

Dr Ireland is awesome! Highly recommended..
Old 08-30-2022, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

She's the best. She did cataract surgery on both my wife and myself.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:29 AM

Dr Ireland did a great job with my cataracts.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:39 AM

St. Luke’s in LSL and Dr. Ireland and Staff are top notch — thorough, caring and a calming environment. If you need it now do it! Come winter the schedule gets very busy.
Closed Thread

Tags
cataract, wih, deal, difficult, helpful

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.