looking for a great doctor in the villages or near the villages; issues neuropathy

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2022, 02:48 PM
Smile looking for a great doctor in the villages or near the villages; issues neuropathy

moved in the south newer area of the villages, so looking for a general practitioner doctor, also one that specializes in neuropathy, don't like taking pills.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:39 PM
Sage

I honestly don’t know anybody who knows anybody that knows a good doctor around here. I’ve been asking for 9 years.
Sigh.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

it all depends on your insurance, & if Village providers accept it. if not, you will have to look outside the villages. good luck!
Old 07-02-2022, 01:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
I honestly don’t know anybody who knows anybody that knows a good doctor around here. I’ve been asking for 9 years.
Sigh.
What type of doctor are you looking for?

kathy
Old 07-02-2022, 06:48 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Sigh.
TOTALLY TOTALLY agree. It's beginning to be a serious concern of our. Pills, pills, pills no matter what, answer is always MORE pills and tests, tests, tests, for things so unrelated to the concern or complaint. One example, went for an obvious bladder infection, had all the classic symptoms. Had one many years ago, most women never forget the symptoms if they ever had one. At that time doctor knew exactly, ordered ONE test, urine of course, and prescribed antibiotic. Immediate relief. Here, so many years later, exact same symptoms, spent THREE days getting all the Rx orders filled doctor wrote for tests for everything imaginable, including a mammogram (which I rejected as I have only one place I have those), but a mammogram for what was so obviously a bladder infection with no other signs or symptoms. Some would say, "oh they are just being thorough" but I would much prefer my previous doctor before we moved here, one who went for the obvious first, and then, if symptoms did not disappear or improve greatly, would move on to more invasive tests. When they hear hoof beats here, the proceed IMMEDIATELY to Zebra's, don't even consider Horses ! Let us know if you find a skilled, knowledgeable, actual M.D. (not a "nurse practitioner" who write Rx's for pills giving at least 4-6 to everyone who comes in, even for a couple stitches !
Old 07-07-2022, 04:44 PM

Rivers family practice. Good doctors
Closed Thread

Tags
neuropathy, doctor, villages, specializes, general

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.