DAV Van Rides to the VA Hospital, Gainesville

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2009, 06:53 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan
Default DAV Van Rides to the VA Hospital, Gainesville

I am retired US Army - 14 years active and 23 years reserve.

I volunteer with the DAV in driving their van to the VA Hospital in Gainesville.

Anyone needing a "free" ride to that facility should call 352-205-8909 to reserve a seat. Your appointment at the VA Hospital must be before 12 noon!

If you need assistance while at the hospital (i.e. in getting around) you can also request that a "Caregiver" accompany you in the van (usually a spouse but can be anyone you choose).

The way it works, you call the number (above) to reserve your ride. They will ask your name, last four of your SSN, home phone, clinic and time of your appointment. They will call you the day before your appointment (Friday before for Monday appointments) to "remind" you of your reservation on the DAV Van.

You show up at the Spanish Springs Transportation Center (where the red caboose is and where the airport shuttle picks up at Spanish Springs - not Sumter Landing though, sorry!) at 0645 hours.

You will get in the van and be driven to Gainesville - no charge!

The van returns to The Villages when either everyone who rode up is finished with their appointment and has checked back in for the return trip (they will tell you where and how to check back in at Gainesville) or at 1400 hours (2 PM), whichever comes first. The van brings you back to the Spanish Springs Transportation Center and drops you off.

It's as simple as that.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

What a good, unselfish, kind thing to volunteer to do Bryan. It warms my heart.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.