Grandkids coming

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Default Keeping grandkids busy

In mid February my two grandchildren will be visiting me. They are 4 and 6. Any ideas on where to go and keeping them occupied would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am hoping to rent or purchase used bikes. Any info on that would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Platinum member

If it's warm enough, at that age the pools and rides in the golf cart and dancing in the square really fills a day.
They can make their own pizza at Ricciardi's and they take them into the kitchen to see them put in the oven.
Stumpknockers restaurant has a tour behind it on pontoon boats run as Capt Mikes Tours. Usually info is in the same ad as Stumpknockers. Great tour for kids and adults.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:34 AM

My grandaughters loved going to the dog park. The owners and their dogs also enjoyed the kids.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Default Grandkids coming

I'm looking for ideas to keep my grandkids busy while visiting me in The Villages. Any ideas would be helpful.
Also, am looking to buy a used small bike and scooter. Any ideas on that would also be appreciated.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,502 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by retirlib View Post
I'm looking for ideas to keep my grandkids busy while visiting me in The Villages. Any ideas would be helpful.
Also, am looking to buy a used small bike and scooter. Any ideas on that would also be appreciated.
Have them help you bake cookies.

Get some sidewalk chalk and let them decorate your driveway.

See if Baby Bundles on the go rents little bikes and scooters.

If they are girls let them play with some of your old make up and hats and clip on earrings and bracelets.

Old paint brushes and water and the same driveway.

Show them pictures of their parent.

Tell them stories of their parent...(Make them GOOD)
Old 01-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Ours just left....we took them on Wild Bills airborat, to the dog park where they met four legged friends, on the boardwalk at the preserve, of course the pool. I took the 12 year old grandson to Garlits racing museum, the 9 and 6 year old went to Cal's for the haircut of their choice. A niht at Brownwood listening to the music and ice cream and finally a movie before they left. Depends on age. The rest of the time we just hung out and caught up plus they had their phones and pads.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-07-2017, 06:06 PM

A trip to Blu Spoon in Rolling Acres Plaza, they can make their own yogurt sundae.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I take a hand full of pennies, including one with red nail polish on it. I tell them that I will buy an iPad for the one who finds the red penny. I then palm the red penny and throw the rest into the St Augustine grass in my front yard and return to watching football.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I take a hand full of pennies, including one with red nail polish on it. I tell them that I will buy an iPad for the one who finds the red penny. I then palm the red penny and throw the rest into the St Augustine grass in my front yard and return to watching football.
That is soooo mean -- those poor children! And yet, here I am laughing so hard my sides are hurting -- so what does that make me? LOL
Old 01-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
In mid February my two grandchildren will be visiting me. They are 4 and 6. Any ideas on where to go and keeping them occupied would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am hoping to rent or purchase used bikes. Any info on that would be helpful. Thanks.
Check out a place called Uncle Donald's Farm over on 441/27 AT Griffin Avenue. I've never been there but it is specifically for children. Check out the webside: uncledonaldsfarm dot com
Old 01-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I was gonna ask if they're good climbers. I have some palm pods that need cut!
Old 01-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I took my 5 year old grandson on Wild Bill's Airboats. He loved it. He also got to hold a baby alligator afterward.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
That is soooo mean -- those poor children! And yet, here I am laughing so hard my sides are hurting -- so what does that make me? LOL
The worst part about it is that all my grandkids are college grads.
Closed Thread

Tags
coming, grandkids

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.