Help Unpacking

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222
Default Help Unpacking

I am finally moving to The Villages in March!!! I hate pulling the disabled card but I am disabled and alone and need help with the unpacking and discarding of boxes. I am looking for a company and/or person I can contact. If you know someone, please let me know.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Platinum member

Try Troy for heavy lifting at 352-874-8958. He's from the Villages Charter School and we used him and his buddy to unload our trailer. Very competent and reasonably priced. If it's for unpacking and storing things away, I don't know if he does that but may know someone who will. These boys were very neat, respectful of our things and to us. I have recommended him many times and everyone has been happy with him.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Depending on how much you have and how heavy it is and when, I'll be happy to help. If nothing else, I can probably help you with the unpacking.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default I can help with the unpacking

From what I have heard The Village Movers will unload for you for around $299$200. Not sure of their phone number but i bet 411 would have it.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:15 PM

Lynn,
How brave you are!

I admire someone who is that independent that they can move to a place and know no one. More so, if limited physically.

You have moved to a wonderful place where you will find may friendly people who will enrich your life and I'm sure, Missy, that you will enrich theirs too.

We will also be available to assist in the unpacking, arranging furniture, and hanging pictures etc.

Just send us a personal message through "talk of the villages" anytime.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222
Default Furniture on the way

The movers are moving my stuff to The Village of Buttonwood on Feb. . I need helping getting stuff out of boxes and put somehere the best you can. No tests willl be given!

Pease let me I am to do with all the carboard boxes? Will recycling pick them up? If so, do they need to be bagged?

Also, does anyone have flood insurance or sink hole insurane?

I did receive names/numbers of a couple people wlling to help. I will call.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Welcome to The Villages, and welcome to TOTV!!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Veteran member

Hi Lynn--My husband and I moved from Richmond, Va. in October 2007. You can send me a PM if you still need help with your unpacking, etc. Congratulations on moving to The Villages and welcome. As far as insurance is concerned--we did not get flood insurance. I think sink hole insurance is part of any homeowner's that you buy for The Villages.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn222 View Post
does anyone have flood insurance or sink hole insurane?
Lynn, we just closed on our home one week ago and moved in on Sunday. We purchased our insurance before we ever even seen our home and upon advice that flood insurance is most likely not needed, we decided to wait until we physically saw our property.

When we finally saw the property and thought we were pretty much safe, we decided to wait a little longer until we might learn more through neighbors or maybe an actual storm, and with todays storm the water never even jumped the curb. Additionally, our house raises well above the street level, so we feel pretty safe without the flood insurance. I tell you this only to let you know our personal experience but at the same time I will not advise you one way or another. That's a judgement you will need to make for yourself and act accordingly.

I hope my sharing this with you helps!

The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Default Help Unpacking

Settle In Style is a local Villages company and they unpack at reasonable rates. They are also a TOTV advertiser. Let me know and I'll be glad to give you their number. Welcome
Old 03-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Default Neerlee New Home Furnishings

I know the delivery driver and his helper for Neerlee New Furnishings have helped several people after work hours or on the weekends. Very nice boys, Joe is the owners son and can be reached at 350-4664
Old 03-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I was in Neerlee New just this last week for the first time and it is nice. My neighbor bought a pretty chair and some accessories for her home.

I told the owner he should advertise on TOTV.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I was in Neerlee New just this last week for the first time and it is nice. My neighbor bought a pretty chair and some accessories for her home.

I told the owner he should advertise on TOTV.
The Villages Florida As I glaze into the crystal ball I can see that you will be sitting on furnature purchased from Neerlee New real real soon! The Villages Florida

Seriously, we were at Neerlee New this weekend for the 5th time since buying our house in January and have made purchases 4 out of the 5 times. The latest was a bench for the foot of our bed and a beautiful tropical picture wall hanging that we'll hang over the guest room headboard. I'd say that neerlee half of our home has been furnished out of Neerlee New! (pun intended)

I can also confirm that the owners son Joe is nice young man. He and his sidekick have just started a side business where they can assist assist with furnature loading, unloading, rearranging, picture hanging and more!

Another nice place similar to Neerlee New is the Furniture Barn in Fruitland Park. We purchase a lot from here and they're only a few minutes from Neerlee New. Click HERE for their location.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.