Just a friendly note to those that care

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2020, 06:03 PM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Question

If they work in the ICU for 12 hour shifts full of covid patient , what are the chances that they got it at work. 99.99%.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:55 AM
Veteran member

Unacceptable?
Old 07-26-2020, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
This has been an issue for most healthcare personal in every state. They are furloughed, not eligible for unemployment, because technically they are employed. If infected you use your own pto time, it is not workmen’s comp, since there is no proof it is work related ( could have been grocery, family, friends)

Most Of the public have no idea Since March that more than 65% of employees at medical facilities Have been out of work, and have use all personal paid time, with no income after bank is gone
Just some info- I am a Registered Nurse here in the Villages. I was furloughed for 10 weeks. Yes we are eligible for unemployment during this pandemic and even the whopping 600$ extra . I am not full time and I still received benefits. Just want to clarify for the statement that furloughed employees don’t qualify for unemployment . Thanks... and it’s great to be back to work...
Old 07-26-2020, 05:08 AM

Do not worry. This is going to be like 9/11 where a fund will be set up a d even body will be made while z and maybe even more
Old 07-26-2020, 06:19 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts
Default Florida

Florida is a right to work state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
It has been brought to my attention that the Medical Staff and Support Staff at the Villages Regional Hospital that acquire the cornavirus at work cannot collect workman comp benefits unless they can prove without doubt it was acquired at work. That is impossible to prove and totally unacceptable. They must use their PTO time and if they run out of their PTO time, they have no income until they test negative twice and can return to work.

Right now as I write this post, there are a husband and wife that are full time employees of TVRH that have tested positive and are self quarantined at home until they each test negative at least twice.

They need our help. Fundraiser by Jennifer Grinvalds : Please help, I have Covid and can’t work.. PLEASE Donate to their GoFundMe account as little or as much as you can .

FYI I am just a friend that knows they need our help.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:23 AM
Gold member
Default Unemployment

$275 a week
The state offers a maximum of $275 a week — based on your earnings — for up to 12 weeks. An additional week is added for every 0.5 percent increase in the state unemployment rate above 5 percent. The maximum is 23 weeks when the unemployment rate gets above 10.5 percent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Can you believe that full Unemployment in Florida pays somewhere around $275 to $375 a week? That's just crazy. There must be a reason.

All the people who struggle with getting/spending the next stimulus payment, here is your answer. Hope they get better quickly.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:29 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
It has been brought to my attention that the Medical Staff and Support Staff at the Villages Regional Hospital that acquire the cornavirus at work cannot collect workman comp benefits unless they can prove without doubt it was acquired at work. That is impossible to prove and totally unacceptable. They must use their PTO time and if they run out of their PTO time, they have no income until they test negative twice and can return to work.

Right now as I write this post, there are a husband and wife that are full time employees of TVRH that have tested positive and are self quarantined at home until they each test negative at least twice.

They need our help. Fundraiser by Jennifer Grinvalds : Please help, I have Covid and can’t work.. PLEASE Donate to their GoFundMe account as little or as much as you can .

No businesses that I know of pay WC for the virus illness. Not even the police or fire depts do. WC has to be proven to be work related and as you said, thats impossible. Most people should have accrued vacation or sick time on the books. If not, then its time to dip into the savings acct
Old 07-26-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I'd suggest that any hospital employee that has public contact, walk out until the hospital assures them , in writing, that comp will apply. Otherwise, there are plenty of jobs around. Same should apply for all jobs including public contact.
Employers are not able to change the rules of workers compensation coverage to assist their employees. It’s a state statute that determines coverage. However it would be nice if the employer offered to help these valued employees with their expenses until they are able to come back to work.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:37 AM
Gold member
Default Pto fundraiser

Unions are considered bad in Florida wonder why. 60% of Floridians receive no benefits paid/subsidized medical insurance and receive 2 weeks unpaid vacation time.PYO means an employees uses vacation time as sick time it’s still a full 40 hour paycheck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I'd suggest that any hospital employee that has public contact, walk out until the hospital assures them , in writing, that comp will apply. Otherwise, there are plenty of jobs around. Same should apply for all jobs including public contact.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:54 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:

And there the difference between a good company and a bad one. Publix and Walmart paid their employees.......yet an other reason this hospital ranks so low, they have always been hard on the staff
Old 07-26-2020, 07:18 AM

This is how we treat those who care for us? Prove it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Why is this unacceptable. If I'm not mistaken in any workman's comp claim it must be proven that the injury or illness was acquired at work. I wouldn't be surprised to find that this is the case in every company.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:25 AM

I have a relative who is an attorney in another state. He represents employees in the health care system frequently as it seems they treat their employees worse around health issues than anyone else. It always amazes me as you would think they would be more understanding
Old 07-26-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,038 Times in 5,330 Posts

When this is finally over and business need people again hopefully potential employees will tell the ones who treat their employees like this, why they are not interested in working for them.

Good way to get companies to change policies.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:39 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Unhappy

Come on people, please dip into your pockets to help this family.

$5.00 or $10.00 won't break you.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:18 AM

There’s so much fraud out there no one knows if this is real. Go fund me money doesn’t reach them for a very long time and get a cut of the money. You’d be better off setting up a fund at the bank
Closed Thread

Tags
work, time, pto, prove, test

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.