Just a friendly note to those that care

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2020, 09:28 AM

First of all, it hasn't been referred to as workman's comp. for years. The correct term is worker's comp. Second, many states have changed the rule that states that if you contract covid and you are a medical provider, it is assumed you contracted it while employed. Check your State.

First of all, it hasn't been referred as workman's comp. for years. The correct term is worker's comp. Second, many states have changed the rule that states that if you contract covid and you are a medical provider, it is assumed you contracted it while employed. Check your State. It's not up to the businesses to decide if you qualify, it's up to the language in the worker's compensation laws.

Last edited by Moderator; 07-26-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
This has been an issue for most healthcare personal in every state. They are furloughed, not eligible for unemployment, because technically they are employed. If infected you use your own pto time, it is not workmen’s comp, since there is no proof it is work related ( could have been grocery, family, friends)

Most Of the public have no idea Since March that more than 65% of employees at medical facilities Have been out of work, and have use all personal paid time, with no income after bank is gone
I believe, without doubt, this situation has arisen because of GOVERNMENT edicts, disallowing non-essential procedures and such, and with few actual Covid cases requiring hospitalization, there is little work, which equals little pay (furlough). I am 35 year friends with a hospital medical director here in PA; he and I recently had this conversation. As with almost everything else, government creates the initial problem, then proposes the solution that sucks in money like a "black hole", ad infinitum!

But at least we can be sure that this crisis has no political underpinnings

Fred
Old 07-26-2020, 12:04 PM

You are getting close to the issue. The insuring agent is falling the rules/protocols that the state work comp board provides. This board would have to change the rules for Covid to be included.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:04 PM

In a Illinois, unemployment is paying $1000 a month. My son is receiving it. Do pet week as you mentioned is within normal of other states. The idea is not to totally depend on it but go out and look for a job!
Old 07-26-2020, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,010 Times in 5,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifefitnessdmb View Post
In a Illinois, unemployment is paying $1000 a month. My son is receiving it. Do pet week as you mentioned is within normal of other states. The idea is not to totally depend on it but go out and look for a job!
When someone makes more from being unemployed than from working why go and look for a new job?
Old 07-26-2020, 04:56 PM

I thought there was special funding for that,
Old 07-26-2020, 06:04 PM

All of us in health care facilities are like that.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
When someone makes more from being unemployed than from working why go and look for a new job?
Because it's temporary and the recipient knows that it will end. This is a cushion to help them find work between the point they became unemployed, and the point where ALL the unemployment funds will be shut off to them because they've reached the limit.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:15 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Thumbs up Thank you

I want to thank all the folks that donated to the GoFundMe account.
Closed Thread

Tags
work, time, pto, prove, test

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.