Secretarial help

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2020, 09:24 AM
Default Secretarial help

Hi looking for some help working on family tree...need someone who can type and is familiar with computer. 352 409 3274
Old 01-06-2020, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

There are a couple of gemology clubs in the villages that may be able to help. Also, you might want to provide some details, if you are using specific software for example. I will be embarking on the exact same task soon, as i have lots of hand written notes that need to be placed on the computer, not sure how I am going to do this. I will be researching software dedicated for this purpose, as well as Word.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
There are a couple of gemology clubs in the villages that may be able to help. Also, you might want to provide some details, if you are using specific software for example. I will be embarking on the exact same task soon, as i have lots of hand written notes that need to be placed on the computer, not sure how I am going to do this. I will be researching software dedicated for this purpose, as well as Word.
The software options are dedicated databases with pre-created forms. There are fields you plug in for each person - name, mother, father, "are there siblings? y/n" "how many siblings [dropdown or enter #]" "Sibling 1 name, who they married, their kids, etc etc" with the option to save and go back to a different person, and return to this person when you have more information.

Eventually you plug in all the info, hit a few menu options, and you get a read-out of the family tree.

You can also sort it by a variety of fields - the tree only on your mom's side, the tree only from female to female, the relationship between two specific people on the tree, etc. etc.

I wrote something less complex, but of a similar type, with MS Access years ago. The concept was the same - input data from a variety of "items" (in my case it was menu items with ingredients) and spit out the final result (in my case it was the day's tally at a restaurant including taxes, revenue, payroll, raw ingredients, all other overhead, then profit, compared with expected profit margin, and a list for the supply company to replenish any low inventory)
Closed Thread

Tags
secretarial, computer, familiar, type, tree

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.