Secretarial help

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 01-06-2020, 09:24 AM
User's Original Comment
Default Secretarial help

Hi looking for some help working on family tree...need someone who can type and is familiar with computer. 352 409 3274
Old 01-06-2020, 10:25 AM
User's Original Comment
Sage

There are a couple of gemology clubs in the villages that may be able to help. Also, you might want to provide some details, if you are using specific software for example. I will be embarking on the exact same task soon, as i have lots of hand written notes that need to be placed on the computer, not sure how I am going to do this. I will be researching software dedicated for this purpose, as well as Word.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:51 AM
User's Original Comment
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
There are a couple of gemology clubs in the villages that may be able to help. Also, you might want to provide some details, if you are using specific software for example. I will be embarking on the exact same task soon, as i have lots of hand written notes that need to be placed on the computer, not sure how I am going to do this. I will be researching software dedicated for this purpose, as well as Word.
The software options are dedicated databases with pre-created forms. There are fields you plug in for each person - name, mother, father, "are there siblings? y/n" "how many siblings [dropdown or enter #]" "Sibling 1 name, who they married, their kids, etc etc" with the option to save and go back to a different person, and return to this person when you have more information.

Eventually you plug in all the info, hit a few menu options, and you get a read-out of the family tree.

You can also sort it by a variety of fields - the tree only on your mom's side, the tree only from female to female, the relationship between two specific people on the tree, etc. etc.

I wrote something less complex, but of a similar type, with MS Access years ago. The concept was the same - input data from a variety of "items" (in my case it was menu items with ingredients) and spit out the final result (in my case it was the day's tally at a restaurant including taxes, revenue, payroll, raw ingredients, all other overhead, then profit, compared with expected profit margin, and a list for the supply company to replenish any low inventory)

Tags
secretarial, computer, familiar, type, tree

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.