Sick little girl

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Sage
Default Sick little girl

i am not sure how to go about this but i am asking for money! i am trying to raise funds for a little girl aged 13 in the phillipines who is a relative of friends of mine living there....her family is very poor and victims of typhoon Yolanda, but on top of that, she has systemic lupus which requires expensive medical tests and medications. her mom is desperate for help and appealed to me on my facebook page....i have thoroughly checked out her story and it is not a scam. i sent her as large a donation as i could afford by western union but of course this will be an ongoing treatment. so it occurred to me that i could appeal to the people who might read this thread and be moved to make any donation, none too small...a friend gave me the first $10 last night so i am encouraged to ask. i guess if you wanted to help you could send me a private message and i will give you my facebook page where you can check out her mom's posts. i wiould be willing to pick up your donation personally or give you my mail address. i would love to tell this mom that the people of The Villages (and wannabees) are thinking of her daughter. prayers are also very appreciated. her name is very complicated but i call her elgie for short thank you!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Sage

i received a private message from someone describing a scam on facebook but i want to assure anyone who is thinking of donating to this that i personally skyped my friends in the phillippines on video and am perfectly assured that the little girl in qestion is the daughter of his wife's cousin and is truly in need of help. he and i have both donated and i am just trying to get some additional help for her....in the phillippines they will not perform the procedures unless paid up front. my brother just received a $460.000 bill from a cardiac hospital which saved his life even though they knew he could not pay...i am grateful to live in our country as others are not so fortunate.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.