Someone to sew a costume

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2016, 08:45 AM
Wink Someone to sew a costume

I am trying to make a Renaissance costume for a Christmas present. I will pay someone to make the costume or pay someone to consult on how to make the costume. I used to sew but most of my projects were pretty basic. I am afraid this one may be beyond my ability.
Please call Sharon (352) 750-5933
Old 12-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonclark1952 View Post
I am trying to make a Renaissance costume for a Christmas present. I will pay someone to make the costume or pay someone to consult on how to make the costume. I used to sew but most of my projects were pretty basic. I am afraid this one may be beyond my ability.
Please call Sharon (352) 750-5933
Why not go on line and buy a costume they are pretty reasonable in price. Here's an example of where they sell them:

Renaissance Costumes - Medieval Halloween Costume for Adults or Kids

but you can do a google search and find all kinds
Old 12-15-2016, 08:55 AM

Hi there,

Thank you for the reply. My son is a Paraplegic/Amputee which means he is wheelchair bound, therefore the costume needs to be made longer in certain places and shorter in others. Unfortunately, the on-line or store bought costumes don't allow for alterations to the pattern.
I have made the first two pieces just afraid to take on the Doublet. But, I will keep trudging along.

Have a nice day.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I make rencen costume, but just noticed your post so no enough time.
Might I suggest a basic black pant and shirt you already have for him. There is a material that looks like chain mail, in silver or gold. You can make a simple cape with no sew and a helmet with a face cutout with one seam. Add a fake sword and shield attached to the wheelchair and you've got a fabulous costume. Sorry up north for holiday or would have been happy to help you out. Hope this helps

Tags
costume, make, pay, sew, basic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.