Trying to find some friends - new here

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2017, 09:04 AM
Platinum member

Have you become affiliated with a church? New Covenant United Methodist has a special group for newcomers. Moami
I think it means moving on after moving in.. I hear such great things about this group.
Tampa, FL
Old 01-11-2017, 01:27 PM

Fear Not!! We are not all cliquey here. I did not want to be here when we moved. We are from LI, Nassau county. We are 66 and 62 respectively. I am the youngster and the female Roni, He is Ronnie nd 66. We are fun. NOt real drinkers but I am a party in a lemonade. If you are in need of a meet and greet, drop a line here and I will get back to you. IT GETS BETTER. I would not go back to NY if "something happened" to Ronnie. I love my home here now. It took me a solid year....my choice. Santo Domingo is our area. Where are you?WELCOME HOME!
Old 01-11-2017, 04:32 PM

Another BIG endorsement for Tutors for Kids!!! Frank and Carolyn are my new personal heroes! Additionally, it is a joy to interact with all the good people that volunteer with that program. The volunteer work itself is very rewarding and help keeps me "balanced" with my life in the bubble.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:50 PM

Geez, my husband sent you a PM, no response, guess you now made a bunch of friends..Good Luck...

Last edited by mattiegent; 01-11-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:05 PM

live in Connecticut, work in manhattan, went to suny delhi. where ya from in ny?
Old 01-12-2017, 12:20 AM

Trust Me. It wont take long once you start going to activities but soon thereafter you will have more friends than you have time.

Good Luck you will get there and will love this place. Be as active as you can.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 01-12-2017, 06:26 AM

Same with me
Old 01-12-2017, 06:27 AM

Mattiegent same with me
Old 05-03-2017, 05:20 AM
Default What Village are you in?

You didn't mention what Village you moved to. The Villages is huge and friends tend to be from your Village or nearby Villages. If you bought preowned I understand it is a little bit more difficult since people have already established relationships with neighbors. Regardless, find a game/club/activity you like and go to it. That way you start with h common interests. Find out if your Village has a website and join. There are generally scials and clubs (golf/pickleball/cards) wherr you can find common interests.
I can only tell you that we moved into a new. Neighborhood and it was easy to meet people. We also met lots of new friends at clubs relating to your local sports teams.
Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRONNAR View Post
Hello! New to TV since Aug...my husband & I are in our 60's moved here from NY. Can't seem to find ppl to mingle (for lack of a better word) with. We enjoy the pool, love having wine late afternoon, good food and conversation. Love all kinds of music...we are such warm friendly ppl that this is a harder transition than I thought it would be. PPL don't seem to be overly friendly so far...ppl we've come across are a bit clickie...I'm feeling a little down about it. You've got to have friends & ppl to talk to. Thanks for reading my post!
Old 05-03-2017, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRONNAR View Post
Hello! New to TV since Aug...my husband & I are in our 60's moved here from NY. Can't seem to find ppl to mingle (for lack of a better word) with. We enjoy the pool, love having wine late afternoon, good food and conversation. Love all kinds of music...we are such warm friendly ppl that this is a harder transition than I thought it would be. PPL don't seem to be overly friendly so far...ppl we've come across are a bit clickie...I'm feeling a little down about it. You've got to have friends & ppl to talk to. Thanks for reading my post!
Come to a meeting of The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages some Friday morning at the O'Dell rec center. You'll meet a lot of interesting friendly people with a wide variety of interests.

You also meet musicians that play all over The Villages in bands that play many different types of music.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

You mention the pool, that's a good meeting spot. Others would be the pickleball courts and joining MVP Health Club.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:46 AM

Hi ,We understand the difficulties in finding folks to hang around with. Give us a call at 352-633-3339 Mike & Lauren We can get together this weekend ? πŸ·πŸΊπŸ•πŸ¦

Tags
ppl, love, friendly, friends, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.