White Crosses

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The reason for all the "hubbub" is that the Christian white crosses when displayed in your yard are not in compliance with deed restrictions. Whether you are pro or con regarding the small white crosses these are the facts.

Why should you care about a little white cross ? Does is devalue your property ? I think not. Save me the deed restriction crap. If it means that much to you call deed compliance on every non compliant homeowner. Let us know how you feel afterwards.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The reason for all the "hubbub" is that the Christian white crosses when displayed in your yard are not in compliance with deed restrictions. Whether you are pro or con regarding the small white crosses these are the facts.
I agree with JustJim wholeheartedly. We have always sought to live in areas with deed restrictions. It protects the value of your property and keeps wild individual expressions of creativity at bay.

But nonetheless Wiotte, the rules hold. We do have deed restrictions and in many, not all, areas, but assuredly south of 466, you must have permission to put ornaments of any kind in your front yard. Things are allowed to be displayed up close to the home, under the eaves.

And if one does not comply, they will be fined. It isn't singling anyone out at all. I am not ashamed to say that I would report someone. I did. Our neighbor in Hadley had many, many, ornaments when we returned for the winter and I called.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree with JustJim wholeheartedly. We have always sought to live in areas with deed restrictions. It protects the value of your property and keeps wild individual expressions of creativity at bay.

But nonetheless Wiotte, the rules hold. We do have deed restrictions and in many, not all, areas, but assuredly south of 466, you must have permission to put ornaments of any kind in your front yard. Things are allowed to be displayed up close to the home, under the eaves.

And if one does not comply, they will be fined. It isn't singling anyone out at all. I am not ashamed to say that I would report someone. I did. Our neighbor in Hadley had many, many, ornaments when we returned for the winter and I called.

I'll tell you what. Let's all put out little white crosses, then nobody will have anything to complain about. Think of it as civil disobedience for the greater good. Maybe you'll feel differently afterwards.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Excuse my ignorance.... but I've heard the white cross identifies the occupants as being Christian. Is this correct?
I think that is true, however there are some people who use that excuse so they can hang their clothes out to dry.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

what is an aspersion - Bing

Comments against another's faith hurt in the way they do against another's race or another's means or another's animals or another's children if unwarranted or unneeded.

I personally do not think that the deed restrictions here were ever meant to hurt anyone's faith.

It doesn't take a house to fall on us to understand the intent of most posts on this thread. Some to me are very ouchy.

However, to anybody thinking to move to The Villages we do have deed restrictions. And Lots and Lots of churches and a synagogue and many wonderful, caring people.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:54 AM
fw102807

Really people are you that bored?
Closed Thread

Tags
crosses, yards, 2-3, putting, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.