Let`s get Cup Crazy !!!

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Sage
Default Let`s get Cup Crazy !!!

Regardless of your favorite team , after a number of play-off series we now we begin the most " sacred " time of the year for devoted hockey fans which is of course the Cup Finals .

Let`s hope the Final Series is every bit as exciting as several of the play-off match-ups has been .

For me it`s almost a relief that my team [ Sabres ] missed the play-offs yet again and I can sit back and actually enjoy the play-offs with no " pressure ' .
[ I don`t really mean that of course -- just makes me feel a bit better ] .

None - the-less , it`s here Cup -Time .

When I woke up this AM after a late night of double OT , I swear that I could hear Stomp`n Tom Conner singing his famous anthem " The Good Ole Hockey Game " , Kate Smith warming up ' God Bless America ' and Paul Newman extolling the virtues of " The New Look Charlestown Chiefs " .

It`s the " Sacred Season " fellow hockey fans . It`s not just the two remaining Clubs playing . It`s the time for all hockey fans to celebrate the joy which the greatest game ever invented brings to our spirit
Old 06-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Veteran member

I don't have to tell you who my team is in the Finals. Wow! this is going to be a GREAT one, isn't it? Two great teams that deserve to be there..oh and GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Sage

gocubsgo : Thanks for Posting . I posted a new thread in the General Discussion area of the Talk of The Villages site . Please check it out .
I`m inviting fellow Hockey Nuts to join in on this site [ Sports/Hockey] . I have a feeling that there must be a lot of us " Hockey Pucks " out there .
So please help get it going and also Post a reply to my Post in that area . Thanks ! Jim
Old 06-09-2013, 12:13 PM

Hey Jim - I can't hardly tell that you're excited. Thanks for sending me your information. I've put out emails or pm's to those posters I found on the most recent hockey posts. Have heard from some, but not all. I haven't heard from gocubsgo yet - are you still interested?
Old 06-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Sage

Me ??? Still interested ??? Yesssssssss !
Old 06-09-2013, 12:56 PM

Jim I know you're interested. I'm looking for a reply from gocubsgo and a few others. Any other hockey fans out there? We're thinking about starting a club if we get a nice response.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

As a long time Bruins fan, I am extremely excited.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:07 PM

Bruins !!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty View Post
hey jim - i can't hardly tell that you're excited. Thanks for sending me your information. I've put out emails or pm's to those posters i found on the most recent hockey posts. Have heard from some, but not all. I haven't heard from gocubsgo yet - are you still interested?

absolutely!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Veteran member

count me in on anything hockey guys-former Penguin season ticket holder here-dying now because of Penguins embarassing bow out to Boston{Bruins completely outplayed Pens] I'm up for anything having to do with hockey!!! Pm me
Old 06-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
As a long time Bruins fan, I am extremely excited.
I have come to the conclusion that you and I will never agree on anything in TOTV!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Bosoxfan

It's going to be a great series! If Tuukka continues playing the way he is & the defense shuts down the Hawks like they did the Pens...It's Cup Time in Boston....GO BRUINS!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Sage

The " Pens " performance was indeed a " shocker ". The " Big Guns " were pretty much
" silent " during the entire playoffs . Yet it did not appear to be a lack of effort and their frustration was showing .

What do you think caused it --- just bad luck , injuries ? What ?
Old 06-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Sage

To : Bosoxfan :

Should be Great Hockey . A Final Round for the Ages !
Old 06-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Location: The Villages, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Memphis, Los Angeles, Boston, New York, Norfolk, Chicago.

Go Bruins, interested in all hockey type stuff. Grew up in Springfield MA and went to most of the AHL Springfield Indians and later the Kings in the late 60's. Great days.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.