Bruins game - Exciting

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Veteran member
Default Bruins game - Exciting

What an outstanding hockey game last night between the Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins. Jaromir Jagr's play to retain possession of the puck that setup the winning Bruins goal in double overtime was an outstanding play.

Looking forward to the next game on Friday.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaGrandparents2013 View Post
What an outstanding hockey game last night between the Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins. Jaromir Jagr's play to retain possession of the puck that setup the winning Bruins goal in double overtime was an outstanding play.

Looking forward to the next game on Friday.
There has to be a few hockey fans that thought the game was well played regardless of your allegiance and outcome of the game.....?
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:29 AM

I'm only mildly ashamed. I went to bed after regulation and just assumed the way the Pens were playing they would win in OT. I figured it was a win-win if I woke up and found out the "B's" won. Yippee! Win-win for me!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Location: The Villages, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Memphis, Los Angeles, Boston, New York, Norfolk, Chicago.

Great game!! Would have enjoyed it regardless of final score. That being said, enjoyed it much more because the BRUINS WON!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Gold member

Stayed up for the double overtime and, yes, very exciting. As a Hawks fan, I'm looking forward to a Bruins-Blackhawks final.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Eternal Member

I fell asleep in the second OT. Glad to see the Bruins do it. Now can they make it a sweep?

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:57 AM

And I thought there weren't any hockey fans in the Villages. Glad to see there are a few of us out there. Looking forward to the Stanley Cup finals, but not looking forward to the end of the season. I'd like to find a group who would be interested in going to some games in Tampa Bay on the weekends when the season starts again. Probably not enough of us to start a club, but I would join that group if one was organized. Go Blackhawks !!!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Sage

It was a GREAT GAME and an excellent example of how exciting play-off hockey can be .
Both teams were flying and holding nothing back .

I grew up along the border of Ontario and Quebec on the US side . Hockey was pretty much our most popular sport . We have had high quality high school hockey going back over 60 years .

It would be great to meet some fellow serious hockey fans and start a club . Also I would be interested in trying to " play ? " again . Not so sure I can bend over to tie my skates
Old 06-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Gold member

Get the brooms out for the next and hopefully the final game !!
Old 06-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I stayed up through the end. It was indeed one of the greatest hockey games I've ever seen.
I thought that the Penguins outplayed the Bruins for most of regulation and Rask kept the Bruins in the game. But the Bruins looked much better in the two OT periods. I came away thinking that the Bruins players are in better condition. Even the 41 year old Jaromir Jagr was still flying in the second OT. the Penguin's players looked tired.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Get the brooms out for the next and hopefully the final game !!
I'm not ready to get so cocky. Although I am cautiously optimistic, I remember three years ago when the Bruins were up 3-0 and lost the series. The Penguins are an excellent hockey team and played the Bruins very tough last night. I'm thinking that the Bruins will probably win one of the two games in Boston, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the series go back to Pittsburgh either.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkret View Post
Stayed up for the double overtime and, yes, very exciting. As a Hawks fan, I'm looking forward to a Bruins-Blackhawks final.
That would be great. I'd love to see two of the original six in the finals. To this day it just seems weird to have a team from Los Angeles, Texas or North Carolina as Stanley Cup Champions.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Location: Ft. Lauderdale - New Castle,PA - Overland Park, KS - Palm Bay, FL - Village of Charlotte

It sounds like I am the only Pens fan on this site. Admittedly, both are great hockey teams. Bruins outplayed Pittsburgh in the last three games but it was great seeing some very exciting hockey with everything left on the ice during the third period of last night's game. I loved seeing the great saves and the end to end hockey.

I am one of those fans that was gone to Tampa to see Pittsburgh play the Bolts. I would like to see a hockey fan club form here. GO PENS!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Veteran member

I've been watching my Blackhawks and I am impressed with their stamina. They have been playing hard and taking games I thought for sure we lost! Go Hawks!!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Bosoxfan

go

bruins!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.