Villages Ice Hockey League

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default Villages Ice Hockey League

We received an email from someone who is trying to find ice hockey players to start a new team / league for TV. His email address was sent to a number of clubs and so I'm sure he wouldn't mind me supplying it on TOTV.

So, if you are an ex-ice hockey player and are interested in learning more, sent me a private message (pm) and I will give you his email address.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
We received an email from someone who is trying to find ice hockey players to start a new team / league for TV. His email address was sent to a number of clubs and so I'm sure he wouldn't mind me supplying it on TOTV.

So, if you are an ex-ice hockey player and are interested in learning more, sent me a private message (pm) and I will give you his email address.
Hmmm. Are they gonna freeze Lake Sumter?
Old 04-09-2011, 05:13 AM

WOW! Did he mention where the league would be playing? I can't believe there is an arena that close to The Villages.....but maybe...
I used to skate as a kid back in Iowa and might have a go at it again if there is a rink around The Villages somewhere. Boilermaker Dave will have to make sure there is an ambulance at the ready for any broken bones, tho!!!!
Gracie...I hope we never see Lake Sumter frozen!!!!!! If we want frozen lakes, we can see them in Indiana and Ohio, right?!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

We were told that the play would be during the daytime, and at a rink in the Orlando area. This would begin next fall.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Contact Coach...

Quote:

He may want to contact Richard Movassian - coord. of the Floor Hockey group....to pass the word to those players. Check the Rec. News under Off site activities.

There a a good number of ex-skaters playing in that group to keep a hand in the hockey game!!!

Good luck!

_
Old 05-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpop1 View Post
He may want to contact Richard Movassian - coord. of the Floor Hockey group....to pass the word to those players. Check the Rec. News under Off site activities.

There a a good number of ex-skaters playing in that group to keep a hand in the hockey game!!!

Good luck!

_
Thanks, we'll let him know. Good idea!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Gold member
Default How about Broom Hockey?

My kids used to play it in the gym at lunchtime (when it was below 0 degrees in Wisconsin - those kids didn't wimp out, anything over that and they were outside).

I think you use some type of round ball and maybe regular brooms. Kids loved it. Don't think you needed helmets and pads
Old 05-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Gold member

How about a roller hockey league. Seems that it would be easier to find nearby places to set up a "rink".
Old 05-24-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:

I and going to have tell Jim about this! When we first "toyed" with the idea of moving to Fl back in 1988 there was only one ice skating rink in Orlando - I think it was on International Drive or I-50, can't remember. We visited the rink for an open skate and Jim and son were extremely disapointed. Times have changed a lot since then! Son still plays hockey as a goalie, Jim hasn't played in a while but that is mainly due to time restrictions and too many of the younger "kids" being too rough. I might have to tell him about this!

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Veteran member
Default ice hockey

Anyone remember in the movie "Slapshot" where Paul Newman tells his team there is a retirement community in Florida that wants a hockey team? Ah if only it were true and the community of course was the Villages.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:54 AM

If the villages had rec hockey I would move down much sooner than planned
Old 10-22-2012, 07:48 AM

Does any one know where the very first indoor ice rink in the US was located? The answer is Leesburg, Florida. Don't know if it is still there.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Gold member

I know that one of players from the 1960s Toronto Maple Leafs lives somewhere near the Mallory pool area. I use to talk to him about the NHL. Many stories one about Gordie Howe that was pretty good.Cannot remember his name.Will try and look him up.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:28 PM

I the villages had rec hockey that would speed up my move down there, but as of now I just cant give it up
Old 05-31-2013, 07:33 AM
Default Ice Hoickey

I am moving to the villages and saw the post on Ice Hockey. i am very interested in this, so if any one has information please contact me. Thanks, We are moving into Pinellis in middle of August.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.