Welcome Back NHL & NCAA Hockey 16-17 Season

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2016, 08:24 PM
Sage
Default Welcome Back NHL & NCAA Hockey 16-17 Season

Any hockey fans on this site ? Any former hockey players ?
Old 10-16-2016, 05:51 AM

HI Buffalo Jim - of course there are. We had met a few years back when we were trying to start a hockey club, but unfortunately it didn't happen. Waited all Summer in anticipation for the new season to start again. With a number of new trades in place throughout the league, it should be an interesting season. And how about Auston Matthews? Four goals in his first NHL start - a first in NHL history. Would be nice to find a small group that would like to caravan to Tampa when their favorite teams are playing the Lightning. Time will tell.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

We are big Fylers fans, even invested in the NHL package so we get to see all of the games. Last night was a big disappointment, with the Flyers getting 3 penalties in the first 9 minutes......and then losing in OT.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:22 AM
Sage

Hey Guys ! I have the NHL package as well . I have to go to Boston this week but how about getting together at my house for an evening of hockey once I return .

In fact ,next Friday evening I will be attending a Boston University hockey match . As old as I am I have a daughter at BU and in-fact she is a member of the BU Figure Skating Team which is now an Intercollegiate sport .

I was a long time Sabres season ticket holder but I grew up a Bruins fan . However , mostly I am a fan of the sport vs one particular team . I grew up on the Northern NY Border about 90 miles from Montreal .

We would take a train from just over the border from our home to Montreal for games . First game I ever saw was in the original Montreal Forum --- Canadiens Vs The Bruins . Bobby Orr was a rookie . My ticket for the " nose-bleeds " cost all of $2 !
Please stay in touch and let me know of your interest in gathering for a few games this season and I will contact you next week when I return from Boston . Best , Jim

Last edited by Buffalo Jim; 10-16-2016 at 10:23 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 10-16-2016, 11:22 AM

Jim, sent you a private message.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:01 PM

Bump.
Hockey fans, I know there are more of you out there.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:18 PM

buffalo jim .....huge hockey fan who just moved to the villages full time a month ago from cleveland (used to have mini tix plan for sabres), trying to find other fans of this great sport.
been to tampa numerous times on previous visits to florida and must say it's my favorite nhl arena.
have traveled to watch nhl games and junior hockey games in canada and us.
have nhl centre ice to watch games esp hockey night in canada.
would be interested in joining any hockey club if one exists.
hockey rules
Closed Thread

Tags
hockey, site, players, fans, season

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.