Hot Tub Electrician

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2020, 11:24 AM
Default Hot Tub Electrician

We are getting a Thermospas hot tub in March/April. Their salesman did not recommend any electrician. Can anyone recommend an electrician that has installed their hot tub? Thanks in advance for any help that you can give us!
Old 11-21-2020, 02:09 PM
Veteran member

I believe Thermo Spas subcontract their work to dealers in the area... call them back and ask who does their service calls
Old 11-21-2020, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,126 Times in 2,240 Posts

Any of the licensed electricians are able to do this, nothing special about a hot tub. Expect a bill for at least $400 to $600 or more. You will need a new 240 50amp(?) GFCI circuit breaker, the wire (4 conductor, copper suitable gauge), a disconnect box in line of sight to the spa/hot tub, and the wire to get from the disconnect to the spa. NOTE: You will need a spa PERMIT to get the electrical permit for the above work. The spa permit involves a review of any glass in the area (all glass must be tempered or changed to tempered), the correct grounding of the spa, and the removal of any existing electrical equipment within a certain distance of the spa.
I have been there and done that, I made the BIG mistake of having the spa vendor handle the installation. They never pulled ANY permits. Fast forward 18 moths, and I had to have the spa moved, the electrician I hired to to do work told me he could not get a permit because there was NO spa permit.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
We are getting a Thermospas hot tub in March/April. Their salesman did not recommend any electrician. Can anyone recommend an electrician that has installed their hot tub? Thanks in advance for any help that you can give us!
Plug and play 110V or big 220V hot tub? There different and require different current.
If it’s 110V plug and play you can plug into any 110V outlet cause the hot tub come with built in GFI protection.

It it’s 220v only you have to have 220v outlet as explained in VT post.
Closed Thread

Tags
hot, electrician, tub, recommend, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.