Sound Proof Interior Walls

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2020, 11:49 AM

I dont understand. On my street most homes are occupied by two elderly adults. There is no need. BUT today's retiree is a different breed. More and more two elderly adults and at least one child of 30, 40 and even 50 year old KIDS.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:55 AM
Location: Bronx, Yonkers, Tampa, Brooklyn, Little Rock now The Villages

When we built our house in Arkansas we used sound proofing board of some kind to keep TV noise from my office. Also used in hubby's library/office room at the front of the house as he did some sound work there. Really was not as effective as I thought it would be. Doors to the room were either hollow core or french glass door with decorative wood thingys. So rooms with these doors were hard to soundproof.
Old 12-27-2020, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by propjob View Post
Looking to sound proof some interior walls in our house. Was initially going to contact SunCoast who blew in insulation over our garage and lanai. Wanted to first see if others have insulated/sound proofed any interior walls, who they used and how well it turned out. Thx!!
House is built its to late
Don't be sold we can sound proof your home
To properly sound proof interior walls two wall need to be build abutting each other and studs off set a sound proofing board
Quiet Barrier should have been attach to the studs not cheap $125 a sheet then your sheet rock.

Even then reduction of sound is going to be minimal
Major transferences of sound is through the studs
Old 12-27-2020, 12:27 PM
Default Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
I dont understand. On my street most homes are occupied by two elderly adults. There is no need. BUT today's retiree is a different breed. More and more two elderly adults and at least one child of 30, 40 and even 50 year old KIDS.
We do have guests on occasion which has made the problem obvious. In our home, lilac, as I lay in bed at night ican here sounds, such as snoring, talking, tv, etc from those in the bedroom which is thru master bedroom and master bath. I am sure they are also disturbed when we use restroom, run water etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
interior, walls, sound, proof, insulated/sound

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.