Through the grapevine

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
I don't think all 40,000 whatever homes will go out and get an alarm system ... however, in terms of risk reduction, those who are located in a more risky location within TV may want to think about it.

I also think the OP correctly makes the point.
Please share where these risky areas are located?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:22 AM

We keep a security bar on our front door when we aren't home. Makes it almost impossible for someone to kick the door in.

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 11-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

I believe you can go online and purchase copies of security company signage or now-functioning security cameras, neither of either need to be hooked up and live. Just the appearance of the safety systems would give a potential thief pause especially if they cruise through an area first. But as a seasonal resident it does give me a concern as our Village grows with so many sub contractors and part-time workers that have so much to see as they drive through neighborhoods. Quite easy to tell who is here full time or seasonal. I feel it is unreasonable to rely and depend on our good friends and neighbors to keep a watchful eye and give them the responsibility to hope to see a potential problem if one should arise. Once they have broken in and taken property, it will be long gone and probably sold before they can be caught.
How many times I wished I "woulda, shoulda, coulda"!!
Old 11-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

some of us do not believe that not agreeing with a post.....or in this case, questioning some aspect of a post.....or stating a differing opinion........ do not constitute an attack.

btk
Old 11-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyzapp View Post
We keep a security bar on our front door when we aren't home. Makes it almost impossible for someone to kick the door in.
The victim of the break-in had a security bar on the front door.

First hand account of burglary in Sanibel
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.