Through the grapevine

Through the grapevine

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Sage

One persons fear is another persons ho hum!

Some do not recognize tongue in cheek humor........

btk

Old 11-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Get a BIG dog - best security system ever - except there is that poop issue!
Until they shoot the dog.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Sage

In my neighborhood, we all watch the street, especially when people are on trips or are snowbirds. Seems to work well. IMHO, however, the call should be to the sheriff, not community watch.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

I appreciate you sharing the information. The OP said "May be worth it to get a security system". She didn't say "OMG! Every person in TV needs to get a security system!!!!". Common sense would tell people if they have had a few break-ins in the same vicinity, it may be worth looking into a security system. Why misinterpret then attack the OP? She is just helping.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 11-21-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
I appreciate you sharing the information. The OP said "May be worth it to get a security system". She didn't say "OMG! Every person in TV needs to get a security system!!!!". Common sense would tell people if they have had a few break-ins in the same vicinity, it may be worth looking into a security system. Why misinterpret then attack the OP? She is just helping.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
I don't think all 40,000 whatever homes will go out and get an alarm system ... however, in terms of risk reduction, those who are located in a more risky location within TV may want to think about it.

I also think the OP correctly makes the point.
Please share where these risky areas are located?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:22 AM

We keep a security bar on our front door when we aren't home. Makes it almost impossible for someone to kick the door in.

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 11-21-2013, 02:57 PM

I believe you can go online and purchase copies of security company signage or now-functioning security cameras, neither of either need to be hooked up and live. Just the appearance of the safety systems would give a potential thief pause especially if they cruise through an area first. But as a seasonal resident it does give me a concern as our Village grows with so many sub contractors and part-time workers that have so much to see as they drive through neighborhoods. Quite easy to tell who is here full time or seasonal. I feel it is unreasonable to rely and depend on our good friends and neighbors to keep a watchful eye and give them the responsibility to hope to see a potential problem if one should arise. Once they have broken in and taken property, it will be long gone and probably sold before they can be caught.
How many times I wished I "woulda, shoulda, coulda"!!
Old 11-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Sage

some of us do not believe that not agreeing with a post.....or in this case, questioning some aspect of a post.....or stating a differing opinion........ do not constitute an attack.

btk
Old 11-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyzapp View Post
We keep a security bar on our front door when we aren't home. Makes it almost impossible for someone to kick the door in.
The victim of the break-in had a security bar on the front door.

http://www.talkofthevillages.com/for...sanibel-95842/
Closed Thread