Advice needed - buying house and not moving in for 8 months

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2023, 02:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

I put security cameras in and get alerts via an app. Worked fine
Old 03-12-2023, 05:08 PM

Personally I would stay away from the Villages Empty Nest service. We had them watch our house last summer and they did absolutely nothing they said they would do.

They said visit every 7 to 10 days. Twice is was 15 and 16 days. I called and they told me they strive for 7 to 10 days. They said we would receive an email after every visit and then when we weren't getting any they said only once a month. They said they would check the sprinkler system and that was never done. They said they would flush every toilet but one the water was brown like they never walked in that bathroom.

My neighbor across the street told me he has seen the visit and never in the house more than 3 minutes. He actually made me a video of one of the visits and they were in and out in less than 2 minutes. Never walked around the house. All this for $105 a month!
Old 03-13-2023, 07:39 AM
Default Home watch

We did a similar thing as you, but we did come to our home for a few weeks to figure out all of these things. A good home watch service will give you a list of what to do when you leave. You need to put damp rid in your closets, open all doors, turn on fans, etc. They will turn on your water every visit to flush your toilets. We used Randall Kauffman at 810-479-6363 but we are way down south of 44 and I don’t know if he works everywhere in TV. We also hired lawn service, bug service (in and out). We met our neighbors who also said they’d keep an eye on things. After the first year we no longer needed the home watch service because our neighbors do it, but it was nice while I had it. Good luck!
Closed Thread

Tags
advice, pool, house, alarm, system

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.