Looking for a church

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2022, 05:18 AM
Default St. George Episcopal Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I want to start attending church again. I was brought up in the Catholic Church but left and went to a protestant church later in life.

I don't want to go back to a Catholic Church and the church that I belonged to was a bit too conservative for me. I'm not looking for an ultra liberal, "you can believe in anything" kind of church but something that's a bit more moderate.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

We go to St. George Episcopal Church across from St. Timothy. The service is similar to the catholic church; therefore, you would probably feel comfortable. We love our church and hope you will come visit.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:29 AM
Default Great Church

Quote:
I want to start attending church again. I was brought up in the Catholic Church but left and went to a protestant church later in life.

I don't want to go back to a Catholic Church and the church that I belonged to was a bit too conservative for me. I'm not looking for an ultra liberal, "you can believe in anything" kind of church but something that's a bit more moderate.

Please visit Lake Deaton United Methodist Church. Contemporary services with band Sat. 5PM and Sunday 9AM. Traditional service Sunday 10:30A. If you visit the 9AM, stop at the VPI desk and ask them to point out Sandra Madsen. Blessings, Sandra
Old 10-02-2022, 05:38 AM
Default First Baptist of the Villages

Please visit First Baptist of the Villages. Golfcart accessible, located up north on Hwy 42 just off Buena Vista Blvd. Services at 9AM and 10:30. Sound teaching and good fellowship, many members live throughout the villages.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:59 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Try www.JW.org to find a local congregation.

The truth is written in the Bible. 2 Tim. 3:1; prophetic times, lots of folks just enduring.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:59 AM

Quote:

Connection Point Church Fruitland Park. Newer startup non- denomination Bible led. Always looking for band members as well.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:17 AM

Southern Baptist if you’re looking for a denomination that teaches the Bible! The world needs to get back to GOD! Back before the world turned its back on GOD!! Just don’t put a white cross in your yard ; )
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 10-02-2022, 06:33 AM

Might try LOCC. It’s a wonderful church family.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,290 Times in 578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiandJay View Post
Might try LOCC. It’s a wonderful church family.
What is LOCC? And where is it located?
Old 10-02-2022, 06:49 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyboy View Post
Please visit First Baptist of the Villages. Golfcart accessible, located up north on Hwy 42 just off Buena Vista Blvd. Services at 9AM and 10:30. Sound teaching and good fellowship, many members live throughout the villages.
I agree. I've been going there for several years. Always leave feeling happy.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:58 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

I hear ya, Dr. Boogie,

You might like the Episcopal denomination. It has been called “Catholic Light” or “Diet Catholic” — and it is sometimes kiddingly said, “With the Episcopal church, you get all of the pageantry but none of the guilt.” (An Episcopal service is very much like a Catholic service….but not quite.)

In the Episcopal church, there are two sacraments instead of seven like the Catholic Church. The two sacraments are Baptism and the Eucharist. (Most Prostestant churches have two sacraments instead of seven.)

Episcopal priests can marry and women can be ordained as priests. But even though it is not considered a sacrament, Episcopal priests do the Anointing of the Sick.

A good Episcopal priest will keep politics from tearing apart a congregation — as all clergy should……..but I know how it goes sometimes……..with some churches that let politics wreck things……

(and, as an aside comment, I know there are some churches throughout the country with leaders that have become so focused on politics that I think they should lose their tax-exempt status.)

But…..I digress — back to topic now…….

Also, the Episcopal church does not try to dictate from the pulpit who consenting adults should love.

The Lutheran Church has 3 different synods that I know of: ELCA, Missouri Synod, and Wisconsin Synod. (I am pretty sure there are more. But I know these 3 are represented in or near TV.)

Of those 3 Synods, the Missouri Synod and the Wisconsin Synod are considered conservative. Those two synods do not ordain women and, unless things have changed, they practice closed communion……

But the ELCA ordains women and invites all Christians to their communion. Hope Lutheran in TV is ELCA.

The United Church of Christ, which is just outside TV, is another church you might try.

I don’t know much about Methodist doctrine, but the big Methodist church in TV seems to be very active and does a lot of good outreach to help people in the area. (I guess they still do. When we bought new appliances in 2014, we gave the old ones (they worked) - to the Methodists who came to pick them up for a project they were doing to assist people with housing,)

Anyway, I wish you well…..and I understand your journey……because I have been there.

TV has so many choices of churches that you should be able to find something that works for you.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-02-2022 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:07 AM

Live Oaks Community Church will fit the bill.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:25 AM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages

There are any number of good churches in The Villages. I am not a regular churchgoer, but I have been to Hope Lutheran on 466 and Morse, and the services are very good.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:33 AM
Default Oxford Assembly of God

Oxford Assembly of God is a great church. I would like to personally invite you to attend. Not too conservative, not too liberal. They focus on family, children’s programs and missions. Pastor Strickland has been there for over 30 years and is excellent. Everyone there is very warm and friendly. It’s just North of the Wawa on 301 & 466. I look forward to seeing you there.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
What is LOCC? And where is it located?
Live Oaks Community Church has two locations. Main campus is behind the Walmart on 466 (golf cart assessible) and southern campus at the end of Buena Vista (straight across 44).
Old 10-02-2022, 07:46 AM

Connection Point Church in Fruitland Park. Warm & welcoming. If your looking for an honest, sincere, down to earth church, this is it!
Closed Thread

Tags
church, bit, catholic, ultra, liberal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.