Question for Catholics and Lutherans

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2022, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I moved here in summer of 2021. When I first arrived, there was a sign on Meggison just north of Warm Springs that says the spot is the future location of Hope Lutheran Church. There has been no activity in the last 15 months. Does anyone have any idea when they might actually start building the church?

Also, last summer there was a rumor that there was going to be a new Catholic church in the south section. I have not heard anything since the original rumor. Is that still in the works? Or has it been abandoned?

The population in the south is continuing to grow. Since that time, they have built Cason Hammock, St. Johns, Richmond, and Deluna, and they are starting to build Newell and are working on Middleton and Eastport.
The bishop came to St Vincent DePaul church to announce that land has been purchased in the South for building a new Church. Fr Peter (pastor at the church) said it would likely be another 5 years until it is built. That was about a year ago. Haven’t heard anything since. You might want to inquire at St Vincent DePaul if you have more questions. Originally the plan was to expand St Vincent DePaul’s building because it is bursting at the seams. Over 7000 parishioners. Avg attendance weekly is over 3000. And that’s just one of the Catholic Churches in, by TV. But the plan changed to building a new church in the South for easier travel for those moving into the new areas.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:55 AM

Hope Lutheran currently holds Sunday morning services at The Everglades Recreation center at 8am and 10 am. All are welcome, we would love to meet you for worship and fellowship
Old 09-24-2022, 09:51 AM

Hope Lutheran is actually voting tomorrow afternoon on approving the underground infrastructure package. If you visit Hope Lutheran church on 466, they have displays up in the narthex on the building.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I moved here in summer of 2021. When I first arrived, there was a sign on Meggison just north of Warm Springs that says the spot is the future location of Hope Lutheran Church. There has been no activity in the last 15 months. Does anyone have any idea when they might actually start building the church?

Also, last summer there was a rumor that there was going to be a new Catholic church in the south section. I have not heard anything since the original rumor. Is that still in the works? Or has it been abandoned?

The population in the south is continuing to grow. Since that time, they have built Cason Hammock, St. Johns, Richmond, and Deluna, and they are starting to build Newell and are working on Middleton and Eastport.
$$$$ and supplies ..
Old 09-25-2022, 06:50 PM
Default Question for Catholics & Lutherans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Softened is jus "less severe"...........significant differences exist.

Doctrinal Authority: Lutherans believe that only the Holy Scriptures hold authority in determining doctrine; Roman Catholics give doctrinal authority to the Pope, traditions of the church, and the Scriptures.

Justification: Lutherans maintain that salvation comes to humans by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone; Roman Catholics believe that faith must be accompanied by good works for salvation to be achieved.

Head of the Chuch: Lutherans affirm that Christ is the head of the church and that the Pope should not have divine authority over believers; Roman Catholics believe Christ granted supreme authority to the Pope.

Sacraments: Lutherans practice only two sacraments and believe that they are valid only as aids to faith; Roman Catholics claim seven sacraments. Lutherans also reject many elements of Catholic sacraments such as the doctrine of transubstantiation.

Luther was a Bible scholar and believed strongly that all doctrine must be solidly based on Scripture. He rejected the idea that the teaching of the Pope carried the same weight as the Bible. Initially, Luther sought only to reform in the Roman Catholic Church, but Rome held that the office of Pope had been established by Jesus Christ and that the Pope served as Christ's vicar, or representative, on earth. Therefore, the Catholic church rejected any attempts to limit the role of the Pope or cardinals.

There are more, but some things have not "softened".

I thank you for the education, being A Cradle Christian , so much has changed!
Old 09-25-2022, 07:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Page View Post
An obvious dodge
Are you sure? I was positive it was a Plymouth.
Closed Thread

Tags
church, rumor, south, summer, middleton

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.