Question for Catholics and Lutherans

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2022, 09:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,308 Times in 592 Posts
Default Question for Catholics and Lutherans

I moved here in summer of 2021. When I first arrived, there was a sign on Meggison just north of Warm Springs that says the spot is the future location of Hope Lutheran Church. There has been no activity in the last 15 months. Does anyone have any idea when they might actually start building the church?

Also, last summer there was a rumor that there was going to be a new Catholic church in the south section. I have not heard anything since the original rumor. Is that still in the works? Or has it been abandoned?

The population in the south is continuing to grow. Since that time, they have built Cason Hammock, St. Johns, Richmond, and Deluna, and they are starting to build Newell and are working on Middleton and Eastport.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:28 AM

The “south campus” of Hope Lutheran Church is definitely in the works. I’m sure a call or visit to the 466 Hope office would give you details.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

AMAZING GRACE LUTHERAN CHURCH — Amazing Grace Early Center

My parents went here for a while and then received visits from Pastor Rocky at home when needed.

They used to go to Trinity Lutheran which is connected to Amazing Grace. Home - Trinity Lutheran Church
Old 09-23-2022, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
The “south campus” of Hope Lutheran Church is definitely in the works. I’m sure a call or visit to the 466 Hope office would give you details.
Stop! We're not allowed to suggest that thread starters actually do some independent research and think for themselves. Someone will be along shortly to chastise you.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-23-2022, 02:02 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Interesting

Catholics don't look for Lutheran churches.

Lutheran don't look for Catholic churches.

Martin Luther's 95 Theses............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 09-23-2022, 02:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Interesting

Catholics don't look for Lutheran churches.

Lutheran don't look for Catholic churches.

Martin Luther's 95 Theses............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This isn’t the 1960’s anymore. There are two faith families out there and the world isn’t any worse off because of that fact.😉
Old 09-23-2022, 02:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
This isn’t the 1960’s anymore. There are two faith families out there and the world isn’t any worse off because of that fact.😉
Not the 60's......................it happened 500 years ago.

There are many faith families out there.....................just a matter if they follow the Bible and God's word or if they make crap up.

Old 09-23-2022, 02:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Not the 60's......................it happened 500 years ago.

There are many faith families out there.....................just a matter if they follow the Bible and God's word or if they make crap up.

The point is that after the sixties, the line between those two faiths softened and realization of one God reigned. If you attend Mass or services these days, you’ll find mostly gray-haired parishioners there.
Old 09-23-2022, 03:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
The point is that after the sixties, the line between those two faiths softened and realization of one God reigned. If you attend Mass or services these days, you’ll find mostly gray-haired parishioners there.
Softened is jus "less severe"...........significant differences exist.

Doctrinal Authority: Lutherans believe that only the Holy Scriptures hold authority in determining doctrine; Roman Catholics give doctrinal authority to the Pope, traditions of the church, and the Scriptures.

Justification: Lutherans maintain that salvation comes to humans by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone; Roman Catholics believe that faith must be accompanied by good works for salvation to be achieved.

Head of the Chuch: Lutherans affirm that Christ is the head of the church and that the Pope should not have divine authority over believers; Roman Catholics believe Christ granted supreme authority to the Pope.

Sacraments: Lutherans practice only two sacraments and believe that they are valid only as aids to faith; Roman Catholics claim seven sacraments. Lutherans also reject many elements of Catholic sacraments such as the doctrine of transubstantiation.

Luther was a Bible scholar and believed strongly that all doctrine must be solidly based on Scripture. He rejected the idea that the teaching of the Pope carried the same weight as the Bible. Initially, Luther sought only to reform in the Roman Catholic Church, but Rome held that the office of Pope had been established by Jesus Christ and that the Pope served as Christ's vicar, or representative, on earth. Therefore, the Catholic church rejected any attempts to limit the role of the Pope or cardinals.

There are more, but some things have not "softened".

Old 09-23-2022, 04:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:

Doctrinal Authority: Lutherans believe that only the Holy Scriptures hold authority in determining doctrine; Roman Catholics give doctrinal authority to the Pope, traditions of the church, and the Scriptures.

Justification: Lutherans maintain that salvation comes to humans by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone; Roman Catholics believe that faith must be accompanied by good works for salvation to be achieved.

Head of the Chuch: Lutherans affirm that Christ is the head of the church and that the Pope should not have divine authority over believers; Roman Catholics believe Christ granted supreme authority to the Pope.

Sacraments: Lutherans practice only two sacraments and believe that they are valid only as aids to faith; Roman Catholics claim seven sacraments. Lutherans also reject many elements of Catholic sacraments such as the doctrine of transubstantiation.

Luther was a Bible scholar and believed strongly that all doctrine must be solidly based on Scripture. He rejected the idea that the teaching of the Pope carried the same weight as the Bible. Initially, Luther sought only to reform in the Roman Catholic Church, but Rome held that the office of Pope had been established by Jesus Christ and that the Pope served as Christ's vicar, or representative, on earth. Therefore, the Catholic church rejected any attempts to limit the role of the Pope or cardinals.

We officially hit the end of the internet…..we are debating Martin Luther and the pope.
Bring back the dog poop and reverse mortgage threads
Old 09-23-2022, 04:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Thank you for sharing but you realize that’s not news, lol. I was talking about interfaith marriages, which back in the day, informed children that their non-Catholic parent was going to hell. Thankfully, we are past that admonition and mindset.
Old 09-23-2022, 04:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
We officially hit the end of the internet…..we are debating Martin Luther and the pope.
Bring back the dog poop and reverse mortgage threads
Maybe we can squeeze out some catholic dog poop.

Old 09-23-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Maybe we can squeeze out some catholic dog poop.

Leave it to the likely suspects on totv. Someone asks an innocent question and the pontificators come out like mushrooms after a rain. If you dont have the answer, here's a thought, fingers off the keyboard. No one cares about your sidetracks.
OP - I know there are likely Christians who can answer your question. Sadly, I do not know the timeline.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,308 Times in 592 Posts

The topic has taken a significant detour from the original question.

I was just trying to find out when new churches were going to be built in the southern area.

I did not want to argue the merits of the Reformation.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post

I was just trying to find out when new churches were going to be built in the southern area.
Than you have to be smart enough to call Archdiocese and H L C for facts.

They will have the answers for you.

Tags
church, rumor, south, summer, middleton

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.