Question for Catholics and Lutherans

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2022, 06:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,312 Times in 593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Than you have to be smart enough to call Archdiocese and H L C for facts.

They will have the answers for you.
That is usually good advice but from my limited experience down here, it is tough to get straight answers.

I contacted the Orlando Diocese. They did not give me any specifics - much like getting any information from the developer.

I was hoping that insiders - people on church councils, planning boards, etc. - might have the answers.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:10 PM

OP, check this out…

South
Old 09-23-2022, 07:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,312 Times in 593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
OP, check this out…

South
Thanks!!
Old 09-23-2022, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
We officially hit the end of the internet…..we are debating Martin Luther and the pope.
Bring back the dog poop and reverse mortgage threads
Old 09-24-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I moved here in summer of 2021. When I first arrived, there was a sign on Meggison just north of Warm Springs that says the spot is the future location of Hope Lutheran Church. There has been no activity in the last 15 months. Does anyone have any idea when they might actually start building the church?

Also, last summer there was a rumor that there was going to be a new Catholic church in the south section. I have not heard anything since the original rumor. Is that still in the works? Or has it been abandoned?

The population in the south is continuing to grow. Since that time, they have built Cason Hammock, St. Johns, Richmond, and Deluna, and they are starting to build Newell and are working on Middleton and Eastport.
In the mean time you could check out Live Oaks Community Church (Live Oaks Community Church | Live Oaks Community Church) They meet in a building at the south side of the intersection of SR44 and Buena Vista.

Probably the closest church to you.
Old 09-24-2022, 06:30 AM
Default Not true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
The point is that after the sixties, the line between those two faiths softened and realization of one God reigned. If you attend Mass or services these days, you’ll find mostly gray-haired parishioners there.
Just went to mass in old parish in Missouri. Couldn’t hear the priest due to all the young baby’s crying.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Not the 60's......................it happened 500 years ago.

There are many faith families out there.....................just a matter if they follow the Bible and God's word or if they make crap up.

Some might say the Bible and God's word are crap that is made up. So what's the difference?
Old 09-24-2022, 07:14 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
Some might say the Bible and God's word are crap that is made up. So what's the difference?

Talking about Cath's & Luth's and other Christians...............not talking about non-believers.

Significantly different.

Old 09-24-2022, 07:32 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I moved here in summer of 2021. When I first arrived, there was a sign on Meggison just north of Warm Springs that says the spot is the future location of Hope Lutheran Church. There has been no activity in the last 15 months. Does anyone have any idea when they might actually start building the church?

Also, last summer there was a rumor that there was going to be a new Catholic church in the south section. I have not heard anything since the original rumor. Is that still in the works? Or has it been abandoned?

The population in the south is continuing to grow. Since that time, they have built Cason Hammock, St. Johns, Richmond, and Deluna, and they are starting to build Newell and are working on Middleton and Eastport.
My Catholic friends sometimes seem a little mystified by us Protestants…….

I always tell them to just look at the root of the word ‘Protestant’ and that explains a lot because countless variations of Protestant denominations have sprung from Martin Luther’s original ‘protest.’ If someone wants to go to a Protestant church, a fit can be found.

For instance, there are 3 different kinds of Lutheran churches — that I know of — might be more.

Hope Lutheran is ELCA. The ELCA allows women to be ordained as pastors. (gasp. ) The ELCA invites all Christians to communion.

The Missouri Synod and the Wisconsin Synod do not allow women as pastors — and they used to have closed communion — but I don’t know if they still do. My guess is probably.

But if you are Lutheran, you already know this stuff — and all the other stuff those differences entail.

If looking for a Protestant denomination that falls nicely between ELCA Lutheran and Catholic, someone searching might find Episcopalian to be a good match.

Episcopalians are sometimes known kiddingly as “Catholic Light” or “Diet Catholic.” I have heard it said that Episcopalians get all of the pageantry with none of the guilt.” Works for me.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-24-2022 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:37 AM

I’m Byzantine Catholic - Christ Lutheran Church was kind enough to offer up space at their facility for our Villages Mission. We’re just a small congregation but we were thankful for their offer and have our liturgies (mass) there every Saturday….
Old 09-24-2022, 07:41 AM

Just because someone hands you a glass of poison doesn’t mean you have to drink it . Thankfully God has raised us believers above negative and disrespectful comments about our religious beliefs. Don’t you just love that .
Old 09-24-2022, 07:51 AM
Default Hope Lutheran

Yes, Hope Lutheran South campus meets at Everglades Rec Center on Sundays at 8 & 10. Construction plans are in progress.

QUOTE=Rainger99;2139205]I moved here in summer of 2021. When I first arrived, there was a sign on Meggison just north of Warm Springs that says the spot is the future location of Hope Lutheran Church. There has been no activity in the last 15 months. Does anyone have any idea when they might actually start building the church?

The population in the south is continuing to grow. Since that time, they have built Cason Hammock, St. Johns, Richmond, and Deluna, and they are starting to build Newell and are working on Middleton and Eastport.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-24-2022, 08:01 AM

An obvious dodge
Old 09-24-2022, 08:03 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
We officially hit the end of the internet…..we are debating Martin Luther and the pope.
Bring back the dog poop and reverse mortgage threads
Amen.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Than you have to be smart enough to call Archdiocese and H L C for facts.

They will have the answers for you.
I found this all very interesting and worth reading.
Closed Thread

Tags
church, rumor, south, summer, middleton

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.