St.Mark: Decline In Members

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Informer, have to spoken to those in charge of your church about this? Perhaps they didn't realize they would be hurting feelings of those who donated?

Did you tell them how you felt?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Platinum member

Hey you guys!

Is no one concerned about the end of the world following the full moon over Miami?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Hey you guys!

Is no one concerned about the end of the world following the full moon over Miami?
Full Moon Over Miami sounds too much like a song, or a movie, or a comedy show -- maybe involving detectives like that tv show "Moonlighting". Anyway, everyone knows that the end times are near, but not until 2012 so we have a few more months to go . . .
Old 02-22-2011, 08:19 PM

You were there for what Mr/Mrs informer? The casting of the curse?

The reality is....a decline in membership ????......In the Villages ????......at the height of Snow Bird season ????

Some have left that church and joined another church....not Catholic!

Sounds very strange to me!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Informer, have to spoken to those in charge of your church about this? Perhaps they didn't realize they would be hurting feelings of those who donated?

Did you tell them how you felt?
Ha! They could care less!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informer View Post
Ha! They could care less!
Maybe you don't realize that you didn't answer my question.

Did you talk to them?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Maybe you don't realize that you didn't answer my question.

Did you talk to them?
yes I did
Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Informer...Please tell us more.

Informer. It sounds like a cross or crucifix was moved from the body of the church to the chapel.

Usually the interior decoration of a church is planned to the very last detail before the plans are completed. This includes pew styles, interior art work, lighting, stations of the cross, the baptismal font and the candlesticks etc. and they are all in the same style, be it contemporary, traditional, minamalist or other style

I don't know how old St. Marks is but it has been here since we had been looking for a home. Usually certain things are given an amount of money so people can contribute the whole amount or part of it in the fundraising segment of a church being built or being redecorated. Usually those items are not selected by an individual but by the architect or interior church designer with a committee guiding them.

What exactly happened? Were you the contributor? Did you love that cross or crucifix?

It is hard to understand why a cross being moved has contributed to the lack of people attending Mass.

Please explain.

Feel this hug.

And Informer, if you want to copy what anyone said, just push the quote box below and it will quote/copy and you can comment about what a person said.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Informer. It sounds like a cross or crucifix was moved from the body of the church to the chapel.

Usually the interior decoration of a church is planned to the very last detail before the plans are completed. This includes pew styles, interior art work, lighting, stations of the cross, the baptismal font and the candlesticks etc. and they are all in the same style, be it contemporary, traditional, minamalist or other style

I don't know how old St. Marks is but it has been here since we had been looking for a home. Usually certain things are given an amount of money so people can contribute the whole amount or part of it in the fundraising segment of a church being built or being redecorated. Usually those items are not selected by an individual but by the architect or interior church designer with a committee guiding them.

What exactly happened? Were you the contributor? Did you love that cross or crucifix?

It is hard to understand why a cross being moved has contributed to the lack of people attending Mass.

Please explain.

Feel this hug.

And Informer, if you want to copy what anyone said, just push the quote box below and it will quote/copy and you can comment about what a person said.

From what I understand a memorial program was set up so that people could memorialize an item in memory of a loved one.

It was explained to us by the pastor at that time that the Cross that was moved would be the main cross. It was larger than usual and plated in Silver.

It was even used befor the church was dedicated; people saw it and again it was announced that it would be the main cross for the church.

A couple was approached and explained to them that the cross would be the churches main cross; It cost $25,000.

The main problem that I have with this cross issue is that after the pastor who built the church was forced out, a group of people who the pastor thought would safe-guard these memorials started to change things.

And by the way the pastor was moved for political reasons and not for something he wrongly did.

Statues appeared that were not part of what was agreed to and other changes were nade too, too fast; the parish just celebrated 1 year in the new church.

The curse thing is a fictional tale. And yes people would not leave the church because of the cross issue.

People left because the way the pastor who built the church was so rudely treated and dismissed so quickly after the dedication of the new church. They were jealous of his great success.

Those close to him betrayed his friendship and are now in power. They are the ones who should have said NO to the cross issue and other changes people were suggesting. Instead they seized this transitional moment to put forth their own agenda.

People who had a conscience and a character left the church because of the power grab of the deacon there and his phoney wife.

These and other issues are why people are leaving St Mark; POWER!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informer View Post
From what I understand a memorial program was set up so that people could memorialize an item in memory of a loved one.

It was explained to us by the pastor at that time that the Cross that was moved would be the main cross. It was larger than usual and plated in Silver.

It was even used befor the church was dedicated; people saw it and again it was announced that it would be the main cross for the church.

A couple was approached and explained to them that the cross would be the churches main cross; It cost $25,000.

The main problem that I have with this cross issue is that after the pastor who built the church was forced out, a group of people who the pastor thought would safe-guard these memorials started to change things.

And by the way the pastor was moved for political reasons and not for something he wrongly did.

Statues appeared that were not part of what was agreed to and other changes were nade too, too fast; the parish just celebrated 1 year in the new church.

The curse thing is a fictional tale. And yes people would not leave the church because of the cross issue.

People left because the way the pastor who built the church was so rudely treated and dismissed so quickly after the dedication of the new church. They were jealous of his great success.

Those close to him betrayed his friendship and are now in power. They are the ones who should have said NO to the cross issue and other changes people were suggesting. Instead they seized this transitional moment to put forth their own agenda.

People who had a conscience and a character left the church because of the power grab of the deacon there and his phoney wife.

These and other issues are why people are leaving St Mark; POWER!
I wonder what Jesus would have said if were here to post on this forum. Do you suppose it would be similar to the above?
Old 02-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Sometimes the greatest lessons we learn here on earth, are similar (in analogy) to what Christ endured. Betrayal was one. Feeling disappointed in others because of that betrayal is one. Dealing with those who abuse power is another.

When these kinds of things happen to me or to others around me, I try to see it as an opportunity to deepen my faith. Maybe these things happen as a trial or test, and if we understand and react appropriately (WWJD?) then we will advance or be uplifted.

That's how I look at it, anyway.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Please explain.

Feel this hug.

GG

They recently built a new church to handle the crowds.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Chuck, I didn't know that for obvious reasons, please say a couple for me.

Thank you K9lovers, your words are helpful and healing.

Thank you Informer, I can sense how betrayed you feel and how you miss your former pastor.

This forum is such a good place to tell each other how we feel. It can become better than the best sermon sometimes.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I wonder what Jesus would have said if were here to post on this forum. Do you suppose it would be similar to the above?
OK. I could pay the Jesus card game too!

If Jesus were a member of that Church and witness the things that were stated in this thread...He'd be one of the 1.7% registered families who have left because the hardness of their hearts!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Informer, if you think that is what Jesus would do, then follow His example and find a new church. Don't hold this resentment in your heart too long; it will make you sick.

Forgive.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.