1031 Realestate Exchange into a Delaware Statutory Trust

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2022, 10:02 AM
Default 1031 Realestate Exchange into a Delaware Statutory Trust

I have a rental home in The Villages and would like to sell and move the assets into a
Delaware Statutory Trust (DST.) I did a 1031 exchanged to buy the house in The Villages.
My question is has anyone bought into a DST and are happy with the investment and what kind of return do you receive on that investment. Paul Hagstedt
Old 02-12-2022, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,898 Times in 913 Posts

After reading up on the topic, I believe that you would need to understand the current DST properties and choices that you would be transferring your property into. They are a specialty investment product, and as such, would have unique returns for each portfolio. I would expect that the price of the investment you reallocate into and the cost / return of those properties, would be the determinant. Once you sell, you have to invest the money into other properties, and that is from where your return and tax benefits will be derived. ie, its on a case by case basis.

good luck
Old 02-12-2022, 03:15 PM

examples/options from one provider:

1031 Exchange Listings & DST Marketplace | Kay Properties
Old 02-12-2022, 06:23 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

i've done 1031's but not DSTs .. I'm done with managing and leveraging up. and not going to crowdsource. It appears that Kay is the largest and most legitimate outfit .. I have plenty of their literature to go through .. With their guidance you still have to decide which and how many properties you exchange into. If I start with them, I see a definable repeatable process that will work for my heirs after I pass, with the principal growing and investment turning out some nice income along the way. Keep us posted
Closed Thread

Tags
investment, dst, villages, delaware, trust

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.