8% investment return advertised in the Village Sun

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSGompers View Post
If I am not mistaken, that ad is from Bridgewellcapital.com. I checked into this and it is all on the up and up. It is a company that loans money to people to get a home loan. It is backed by insurance, The downside is this-

Say Mr and Mrs Joe Blow, credit not very good, get approved for a home loan. The company takes your money to buy their home. Mr. Joe B. just lost his job, does not make payments. House goes into foreclosure. You will eventually get your $$ when the home finally gets sold again.

May take awhile. Go on their website and read the facts. The money is there to be made. I'm not saying that people are going to default on their loans. Probably very tiny amount. Just be aware that if they do, you might have to wait for your $$.
Thank you all for your comments. Now I wonder if anyone has invested with Bridgewellcapital.com. , is there a prospectus? Better go check the website, thank you USSGompers.
http://www.bridgewellcapital.com/
Google "Bridge Well Capital" for additional information.

Last edited by TF Hutch; 10-07-2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Edit to include web address
Old 10-07-2012, 09:31 PM

I wonder if this http://bridgewellcapital.com could be duplicated with just Villages properties? Anyone care to join a group, or a new thread, to discuss the idea? I don't understand this so I won't do anything until I do.

Apparently you are investing in house flippers. They, (contractors, individuals, handymen) Buy a house, fix it up, then sell it. As an investor you are financing the buying of the house. Then (when?) the property is sold (at a profit, you hope) you recieve your original investment back. Apparently you recieve interest on your loan. How that is determind, I have no idea.

At this point the education is free, gives me something else to do. Looking forward to learning more.

Last edited by TF Hutch; 10-07-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 PM

You are very welcome Hutch. I would invest in a minute if I had tons of $$ but alas, I don't!!

Interesting but the market isn't ripe right now for house flippers. I watch it on TV a lot but they all seem to be older shows. MAYBE after the election!!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

TF, if you want to understand and manage your own investments, you should. It is very doable. However the 10 to 15% reply is someone who beats 95% of the professionals. 85% of all professional investors, mutual fund managers, stock brokers, and wealth mangers DO NOT beat the market. About 15% do. And over time (20 to 30 years) NONE do. And anyone who tries to tell you different is a scammer. Even Peter Lynch, one of the best ever, gave up after about 12 years and admitted he could not beat the markets.

Go to www.boogleheads.org and read. Read the wiki's there, read books by Bernstein, Ferri, and Swedroe. Then when you understand market dynamics, beta and asset allocation you may want to manage your own investments. If you want help, I will help you for free. If you have questions after this reading assignment, I will answer any questions, guide you to the right places, and help any way you need.

With higher possible rewards always comes more risk. Let me know how I can help you.

Last edited by l2ridehd; 10-08-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=l2ridehd;564828]Go to www.boogleheads.org and read. Read the wiki's there, read books by Bernstein, Ferri, and Swedroe./QUOTE]

Suffering from TV envy
Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
TF, if you want to understand and manage your own investments, you should. It is very doable. However the 10 to 15% reply is someone who beats 95% of the professionals. 85% of all professional investors, mutual fund managers, stock brokers, and wealth mangers DO NOT beat the market. About 15% do. And over time (20 to 30 years) NONE do. And anyone who tries to tell you different is a scammer. Even Peter Lynch, one of the best ever, gave up after about 12 years and admitted he could not beat the markets.

Go to www.boogleheads.org and read. Read the wiki's there, read books by Bernstein, Ferri, and Swedroe. Then when you understand market dynamics, beta and asset allocation you may want to manage your own investments. If you want help, I will help you for free. If you have questions after this reading assignment, I will answer any questions, guide you to the right places, and help any way you need.

With higher possible rewards always comes more risk. Let me know how I can help you.
Thank you l2ridehd. I attempted to send you a Private message, I have been a "Boglehead" for many years.

Last edited by TF Hutch; 10-08-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 PM

I posted the following in reply to a Private Message asking if I was ready to invest with BCM:

No where near ready to invest. I appreciate your enthusisam, perhaps you will help us do a little research on the totv thread. Who, what, where, why, is some of what we need to know if this is a viable investment. Go beyond the Website, I am sure someone has real expirence with actual facts. That's what is so great about "Talk of the Villages".
Old 10-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Hutch View Post
I wonder if someone could explain the 8% return as advertised in the Village Sun paper. I am of the belief that if sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Bernie Madoff?

I meant to keep a copy of the paper with the ad, however it was discarded when we left the Villages. Lots of ads that seem to good to be true in that paper. Loose 3 inches off your waist in a week etc.

Any comments ?
This investment might not let you loose 3 inches off your waist in a week but will probably let you loose 3 inches off your Wallet..............
Old 04-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Sage
Default Never Ever " Reach Beyond Your Complete Understanding "

I had 35 years of experience in banking , investments and finance . In the 90`s I built from scratch what became at the time the largest bank owned brokerage and insurance operation in the US .

There is no magic bullet . Unless you completely and totally understand the risks involved and can live with the " downside " move on to something you can live with and is well diversified .

I too have regularly read those advertisements . If it was all such a safe and sure thing the investments would not be made available to us retired living here in Central Florida .

Think about it .
Old 04-24-2013, 04:05 AM

I think the guy that runs this program is named Bernie --something ??
Old 04-24-2013, 04:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Run, dont walk, to the nearest exit
Old 04-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Veteran member

Watch a few episodes of American Greed on CNBC
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 AM

10-15 % yearly recession or no recession. you should be on Wall Street or be Warren Buffett hummmmm
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.