9 important ages for retirement planning

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2015, 04:26 AM
Default 9 important ages for retirement planning

Thinking about the rest of your life — especially in terms of your finances — can be a scary but exhilarating proposition. Assuming it turns out to be as long of a time period as you would like it to be, thinking about it all at once can be daunting. However, breaking your life into nine stages can help you compartmentalize your retirement-planning process so you can take your goals one step at a time.

Read the rest of the story.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:08 AM
Gold member

The only thing I would add and I didn't know about when I turned 62, is start drawing money from your IRA's and savings if you are able so that you can delay taking your Social Security as long as possible. I started transferring my IRA's to Roth at 59 1/2, but I also started drawing Social Security at 62. Mistake. Now I am trying to get my money out of my IRA and into my Roth without paying huge tax payments.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, life, thinking, rest, breaking, daunting, compartmentalize, goals, story, read, process, retirement-planning, step, stages, terms, finances, planning, retirement, important, ages, scary, long, period, turns, exhilarating

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.