Amazon and Facebook

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2018, 09:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts
Default Amazon and Facebook

Both FB and AMZN hit yearly highs today. Investors apparently have shrugged off Facebook's security concerns and Trump's bashing of Jeff Bezos. A reminder that earnings dictate.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2018, 06:45 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Amazon has a nice runway ahead of it. Brick & Mortar stores will continue to struggle as convenience continue to dominate.

FB users maybe peaking. The clicks continue, but new users are not flocking to share their food pictures.

"Earnings".........I agree. Don't get me started with Tesla.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I'm up over 100% on FB
Time for a spllit

Last edited by karostay; 06-19-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:32 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I for one believe the market is peaking. I am not yet getting out, but buying more dividend stocks like AT&T, JNJ, TRP and then index funds both domestic and international, small cap value and total stock market. If you look at the market PE and the recent volatility IMHO it's time to back off some. I never get totally out, just move to a more conservative position.

AT&T at $32.20 has a yield over 6% and a PE under 7 while the market PE is up around 30 with a yield under 2%. And the recent court ruling allowing the Time Warner purchase along with Direct TV gives them an upside potential of around $40 a share. I think they will flounder around this price for a few months but then move up while the rest of the market continues to flounder. I am a buyer under $32.25 and a seller over $40 of this stock.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Amazon has a nice runway ahead of it. Brick & Mortar stores will continue to struggle as convenience continue to dominate.

FB users maybe peaking. The clicks continue, but new users are not flocking to share their food pictures.

"Earnings".........I agree. Don't get me started with Tesla.
I am tending to agree with you that FB users may be peaking. Speaking from my own family experience, FB is popular with my sisters and I (we are age 53 and up). For my nieces who are in their 20's and high school age, FB is not quite as popular.

So do millennials use FB as much as their parents do? Or have millennials moved on to other social media platforms and are reducing their use or totally leaving FB?

Tags
reminder, bezos, jeff, bashing, earnings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.