Any Serious Day Traders ???

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Default Any Serious Day Traders ???

Was wondering if TV had a Dedicated T-4 landline Service available.

As I understand it a SAT dish in TV is a "NO NO".

Thank You,
Dave
Old 05-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Sage

We have a satelitte dish with Direct TV. We live on the historic side in Country Club Hills. What is a T4 landline? There are numerous telephone/Internet providers throughout the three county area who offer high-speed Internet. As to the day traders, I'm sure there's a club. LOL
Old 05-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Default Thanks You for the reply...

...and your inquiry.

A T4 connection is somewhat dated technology, I admit. In a nutshell it is a dedicated, (only you or VERY few subcribers) share a Ultra Highspeed connection that has a data transfer rate up into the Gigabyte range.
In addition, speed, dependability and reliability are light years ahead of the common DSL or broadband services.

It is strictly fiber optic cable direct connection technology, and it isnt cheap.

Although not really neccesary for successful daytrading, it is a little bit of an advantage on heavy market volume days. As you know the sooner your orders hit the gate (or I should say "Floor", but I dont like that term) the better your chances are of getting filled or sold at your price.

However, I'am not the "Rapid Fire" type trader with multiple open positions at any given time that most are. I tend to be a little more methodical and just keep very close watch on how my positions unfold, so...

Do I really NEED a T4 connection. Not really.

But sometimes it would be nice to have.

Hope this helps,
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.