Anybody invested with Retirement Evolution Group?

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2020, 03:25 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,612 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default Anybody invested with Retirement Evolution Group?

It is located in Wildwood. Please see the unmentionable online news source for further information. There is no such thing as a free lunch which is how their "investments" are marketed. The SEC is going after it. https://www.sec.gov/litigation/compl.../comp24860.pdf

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-05-2020, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
It is located in Wildwood. Please see the unmentionable online news source for further information. There is no such thing as a free lunch which is how their "investments" are marketed. The SEC is going after it. https://www.sec.gov/litigation/compl.../comp24860.pdf
When we lived in Va we kept getting invitation for their "seminars" combined with free dinner.

When it was a restaurant we liked we would go and usually had a very good meal.

Liked to listen and point out to my wife the silly and foolish ideas they had.

I would always ask their educational background and amazed how little formal training some of them had

Always liked it when they put up charts showing how poorly the stock market did over a specific 30 year period. Often they would tell us all about their computer program that enables them to time the market.

As a wise man once said a fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Default Another Financial Scam Involving Villagers

As a former US Federal Agent and Federal Prosecutor in Miami, I have been involved in the investigation and prosecution of many fraudulent schemes. Although now retired and separated by many years from my background in fraud, I am angered by the alleged deplorable actions of Villager John Gissas of Retirement Evolution Group of Wildwood in scamming fellow Villagers out of their hard-earned retirement funds. The funds he is accused of raising for Par Funding through free lunch and dinner seminars are an unconscionable scheme to take advantage of the vulnerability of our elderly seniors. I am aware of the financial and emotional grief they are suffering.

Through my securities contacts in Miami, I have been following the SEC investigation of Par Funding. Last week's emergency action, temporary restraining order and asset freeze are intended to stop an alleged fraudulent scheme that has raised nearly half a billion dollars from an estimated 1200 investors including many in The Villages.

My objective is to merely act as a liaison to put those fellow Villagers in touch with competent professionals who can help them recover their funds, should they desire that assistance. I no longer practice law, and I am not involved in the current SEC or any related proceedings. My contacts have already filed litigation against Par Funding and related entities to recover investor funds fraudulently stolen. I live in Osceola Hills at Soaring Eagle and can be reached at rwoolf@woolffinancial.com or 954-816-8699, if you would like to be connected to competent legal assistance.

Rick Woolf
Old 08-05-2020, 04:09 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

You think there will be a public admission of investing with this group??

Old 08-05-2020, 06:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
You think there will be a public admission of investing with this group??

Probably not, just trying to get the word out. I noticed another far more comprehensive post popped up about the same time I posted. I detest scam artists.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-05-2020, 06:42 PM
Sage

I noted Daily Sun ads for this company and two others about a year ago.
Easy Retirement Income
Old 08-05-2020, 06:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I noted Daily Sun ads for this company and two others about a year ago.
Easy Retirement Income

Wow!!!

Old 08-06-2020, 05:13 AM

Why is the SEC lawsuit document an “unmentionable source?”
Old 08-06-2020, 05:29 AM

Rick,
Thank you for the information and offering to help but I wonder, are you a Financial Advisor yourself? Or are you a former Federal Agent? I’m a bit confused.
The reason I ask, is that the information provided is for Woolf Financial out of Boca Raton.
I am sure those affected will be contacting their attorney.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omycherie View Post
Rick,
Thank you for the information and offering to help but I wonder, are you a Financial Advisor yourself? Or are you a former Federal Agent? I’m a bit confused.
The reason I ask, is that the information provided is for Woolf Financial out of Boca Raton.
Interesting.
You never know who your talking to online
Old 08-06-2020, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

We've attended a couple of the 'free dinners' offered by financial advisors in TV (not the firm identified by the OP). After meeting with each of them in follow up sessions to understand 'how they would handle our investments' we determined that we really didn't agree with their approach and that they really weren't the folks that we wanted to rely on for financial advice.

That said, it did provide us with information that allowed us to independently make some smart financial moves that we might not otherwise have done...or delayed doing.

2 old sayings to keep in mind: "There is no such thing as a free lunch"...and "A fool and his money are soon parted"
Old 08-06-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omycherie View Post
Rick,
It will be very interesting to see if you get a reply from him.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
We've attended a couple of the 'free dinners' offered by financial advisors in TV (not the firm identified by the OP). After meeting with each of them in follow up sessions to understand 'how they would handle our investments' we determined that we really didn't agree with their approach and that they really weren't the folks that we wanted to rely on for financial advice.

That said, it did provide us with information that allowed us to independently make some smart financial moves that we might not otherwise have done...or delayed doing.

2 old sayings to keep in mind: "There is no such thing as a free lunch"...and "A fool and his money are soon parted"
I believe the first saying is, "Aint no Free Lunch."
Old 08-06-2020, 09:50 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Probably not, just trying to get the word out. I noticed another far more comprehensive post popped up about the same time I posted. I detest scam artists.

Sounds like the victims handed over $100k and got a promissory note in return. Woweee.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwoolf View Post
As a former US Federal Agent and Federal Prosecutor in Miami, I have been involved in the investigation and prosecution of many fraudulent schemes. Although now retired and separated by many years from my background in fraud, I am angered by the alleged deplorable actions of Villager John Gissas of Retirement Evolution Group of Wildwood in scamming fellow Villagers out of their hard-earned retirement funds. The funds he is accused of raising for Par Funding through free lunch and dinner seminars are an unconscionable scheme to take advantage of the vulnerability of our elderly seniors. I am aware of the financial and emotional grief they are suffering.

Through my securities contacts in Miami, I have been following the SEC investigation of Par Funding. Last week's emergency action, temporary restraining order and asset freeze are intended to stop an alleged fraudulent scheme that has raised nearly half a billion dollars from an estimated 1200 investors including many in The Villages.

My objective is to merely act as a liaison to put those fellow Villagers in touch with competent professionals who can help them recover their funds, should they desire that assistance. I no longer practice law, and I am not involved in the current SEC or any related proceedings. My contacts have already filed litigation against Par Funding and related entities to recover investor funds fraudulently stolen. I live in Osceola Hills at Soaring Eagle and can be reached at rwoolf@woolffinancial.com or 954-816-8699, if you would like to be connected to competent legal assistance.

Rick Woolf
I applaud you for that Rick
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.