Anyone Buying on This Pullback?

Anyone Buying on This Pullback?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-15-2019, 04:40 PM
Soaring Parsley

Wink

Note: I can't get rid of that winking blue emoticon that is at the start of my post. I am not messing with you. I promise. Just ignore that winking blue face. It is not supposed to be there.

Anyway:

Good afternoon, my fellow bargain shoppers.

Today, I am asking if anybody has any thoughts on HBI. Hanesbrands makes boring, affordable underwear.

Over the past 52 weeks, it has been down over 8%. Now, it is coming up from its 52-week low.

The dividend is 3.38% with a payout ratio of 40%. HBI is not among the Dividend Aristocrats, or even close. But the current payout ratio is tame enough, though I think I heard that something totally insane was going on with that a while back, but I can't find that info right now. Debt issues maybe?? CEO? Not sure.

I am not looking for a skyrocketing price, just some upward and onward. And while waiting, the dividend is not too bad. I am just wondering if this recently ugly duckling has a chance of turning into a SWAN?

That's all I know so far. As always, I appreciate your thoughts. (except for the Buffett Bashing )

Last edited by Boomer; 03-16-2019 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Old 03-16-2019, 08:16 PM

Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

The reason its yielding over 3% is because the stock is half of what it was in 2015 .. With dividends reinvested its yielded MINUS 8% during that time vs a PLUS 9 % for the SP500. Knock yourself out if you think its hit rock bottom.. Dont know anything about its payout ratio, EPS trend etc, but for my money there are plenty of better stocks yielding 3-4%. There are also many Simply Safe followers here. they could tell you the safety rating of the dividend
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Soaring Parsley

I really like the title Kenswing gave this thread when he started it a few months ago and titled it “Anyone Buying on This Pullback?” It has been an interesting discussion.

Continuing with Kenswing’s theme, I am asking a question, today: Is anybody watching 3M (MMM)? Opinions?
Old 05-02-2019, 07:04 PM
Platinum member

Pot stocks VFF and CURLF are going sky HIGH.......
Old 05-02-2019, 07:15 PM

Default Re:mmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I really like the title Kenswing gave this thread when he started it a few months ago and titled it “Anyone Buying on This Pullback?” It has been an interesting discussion.

Continuing with Kenswing’s theme, I am asking a question, today: Is anybody watching 3M (MMM)? Opinions?
5/2/19 Low for the day 183.40.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:11 PM
Sage

I got chicken a little while back and went a lot more conservative, after the big drop before X-Mas...and then when the DJIA bounced back to just under 26,000.

While it may climb even higher, with this being the longest bull run in history...it's just my opinion we're due for a pretty large correction soon.

And while I may lose out in the meantime, I don't suffer from FOMO (fear of missing out)...because NO ONE can time the market perfectly.

I hung on during the Great Recession when the DJIA dropped to around 8,000 and am darned glad I did...as the DOW increased by over 2 times from then to up to 2016.

I keep thinking about the billionaire who was asked about how he became so wealthy and his response was..."By selling too early."
Old 05-02-2019, 11:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Note: I can't get rid of that winking blue emoticon that is at the start of my post. I am not messing with you. I promise. Just ignore that winking blue face. It is not supposed to be there.

Anyway:

Good afternoon, my fellow bargain shoppers.

Today, I am asking if anybody has any thoughts on HBI. Hanesbrands makes boring, affordable underwear.

Over the past 52 weeks, it has been down over 8%. Now, it is coming up from its 52-week low.

The dividend is 3.38% with a payout ratio of 40%. HBI is not among the Dividend Aristocrats, or even close. But the current payout ratio is tame enough, though I think I heard that something totally insane was going on with that a while back, but I can't find that info right now. Debt issues maybe?? CEO? Not sure.

I am not looking for a skyrocketing price, just some upward and onward. And while waiting, the dividend is not too bad. I am just wondering if this recently ugly duckling has a chance of turning into a SWAN?

That's all I know so far. As always, I appreciate your thoughts. (except for the Buffett Bashing
)
Just like toilet paper...people will always need underwear.

In fact, if toilet paper makers were to start to drop and showing lower/flat volumes...it might be time to even increase your position on underwear.

After all...accidents happen.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Kraft Heinz (KHC) Has Tried to Reinvent Some of Its Most Well-Known Foods, But Nobody Seems to Care - TheStreet

Millennials being blamed for decline of American cheese | Fox News

American Cheese Sales Decline Due To Millennials

Kraft Heinz, Kellogg Latest Food Makers to See Sales Drop | Fox Business

The reason I brought this up is that I own a few shares of KHC as the result of an inheritance (wish I didn't). Plus I own some Berkshire Hathaway and am well aware of Warren's eating habits - blanch! I wonder if he accepts that younger folks have gradually been stepping away from processed foods for years and due to modern technology are able to obtain tasty, fresh, nutritious high quality foods which they prefer to what most people used to have to eat during most of the last century. His dismissive comment about KHC processed food product sales during the BH annual meeting - product sales cycle up and down - does not align with the actual trend of KHC processed food product sales, downward.
Very good sources and excellent information.

Tags
dividend, scary, enticing, guys, thinking