Barron's

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2022, 03:35 PM
Platinum member
Default Barron's

I'd like to buy a hard copy of Barron's once in a while and I can't seem to find it on the newsstands any more (Publix, Walgreens, Barnes & Noble). Anyone know who sells it? Does it sell out in a day?

I know, I know, you can subscribe and read it online or even have it delivered but I did that once and got so far behind, it all piled up before I could get to it.

Just want a copy once a month or two.

TIA.

Skip
Old 05-03-2022, 06:06 PM
Veteran member

Are you sure that they no longer carry it, or are sold out? Barron's used to be available on Saturday's but with distribution delays may not show up in stores until Monday.

The last physical copies I bought were at a B&N in another state. I always see it in airports, but that is probably not practical.
Old 05-03-2022, 06:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,706 Times in 761 Posts

It’s been 20 years since I read the physical copy. I don’t think the circulation is sufficient to deliver these to stores. Online has no cost of distribution
Old 05-04-2022, 11:04 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

You can get a very low cost subscription with every saturday delivery to your driveway for equal or less cost than a monthly pickup at a retail store, not even counting gas. That also will give you online access. I did that for a while and decided that reading online was just as good.. on a laptop .. i would never bother doing that on a phone however. Years ago i used the last half of the print to keep track of a myriad of stock prices.. now there are too many services that give you tracking info with a couple pushes of a button.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,854 Times in 893 Posts

used to be a great magazine, but not so much any more with the competition of online financial sites. I have my subscription, but don't read it much, and I really should cancel it.

finance guy

and yes, I paid for the approximate $1,000 in diesel fuel for a round trip from MA to TV and back again from shorting 100 shares of Carvana, and getting 10.5 points out of the trade. . .
Old 05-04-2022, 07:44 PM

Sumter County Libraries have a subscription to hard copy...if you want to read it in a lib.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
. Years ago i used the last half of the print to keep track of a myriad of stock prices.. now there are too many services that give you tracking info with a couple pushes of a button.
I did the same in the dial up Prodigy/CompuServe days when you had limited minutes. Times have changed.
Old 05-05-2022, 10:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
Sumter County Libraries have a subscription to hard copy...if you want to read it in a lib.
Tried that. Did not have a copy. Even their library website search only shows Morningstar, Value Line, NY Times, Pressreader and the WSJ. Not Barrons any more.

Skip
Closed Thread

Tags
barrons, copy, online, tia, delivered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.