Book on Portfolio / Retirement management

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Book on Portfolio / Retirement management

This book if free for a few days and maybe of interest. Go to the books on the left side and click download. Next page is for a free down load until Jan 10th.

http://www.retirementoptimizer.com/
Old 01-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
This book if free for a few days and maybe of interest. Go to the books on the left side and click download. Next page is for a free down load until Jan 10th.

http://www.retirementoptimizer.com/
Thanks, I love to read different points of view on how to invest your retirement nest egg. Interestingly only a few days ago I read that 60% equities 40% bond is the preferred way for retirement and not to reduce the ratio until say your early eighties. I wonder what the graph would look like with the 60 equity/40 bond ratio. I bet it would much better! Withdrawing 2% less than your expected return should be very helpful to deter running out of $$.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Gold member
Default best retirement book

There is a book called The smartest Retirement Book Youll Ever Read, by dan solin...It straight forward and easy to read..its a paperback and costs about nine bucks..I think its worth the money
Old 12-21-2011, 04:43 PM

Agree with Tommy. Bought the D. Solin book at Costco about a year ago. It's very easy to read and he summarizes the most important points at the end of each chapter. This book will help you take control and understand your investments. Not a bad investment for the price of a couple of supersized Big Mac meals...
Old 12-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Default Retirement Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
There is a book called The smartest Retirement Book Youll Ever Read, by dan solin...It straight forward and easy to read..its a paperback and costs about nine bucks..I think its worth the money
Just purchased book on EBAY for $4.50
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.