crypto currency

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2021, 07:44 AM

Ethereum ETH is definitely a buy right now it just hit its ATH ( all time high) on the 12tb around 4400 now it’s around 26-2700 that’s a bargain. It’s the number 2 crypto and more widely used than bitcoin. Plus Ethereum 2.0 is coming soon and it will eliminate all the miners expecting to go way over 10k . Besides you can buy as little as you want if you want to dabble in crypto as a test. Your not going to lose sleep over a $100 if it drops a bit temporarily.
Crypto is way more exciting than stocks and the way of the future. Risky absolutely but stocks are also. One bad report from a biased technician and stocks tumble too.
And doge coin is fun too I originally got in at .007 and it went up to .75 now it’s down but I’m playing with the houses money and I still have 13000 coins left. If you buy a few hundred at .30-.40 right now and it doubles or triples and it probably will ring the register and get your cost back .
Have Fun
Old 05-21-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-tv View Post
Ethereum ETH is definitely a buy right now it just hit its ATH ( all time high) on the 12tb around 4400 now it’s around 26-2700 that’s a bargain. It’s the number 2 crypto and more widely used than bitcoin. Plus Ethereum 2.0 is coming soon and it will eliminate all the miners expecting to go way over 10k . Besides you can buy as little as you want if you want to dabble in crypto as a test. Your not going to lose sleep over a $100 if it drops a bit temporarily.
Crypto is way more exciting than stocks and the way of the future. Risky absolutely but stocks are also. One bad report from a biased technician and stocks tumble too.
And doge coin is fun too I originally got in at .007 and it went up to .75 now it’s down but I’m playing with the houses money and I still have 13000 coins left. If you buy a few hundred at .30-.40 right now and it doubles or triples and it probably will ring the register and get your cost back .
Have Fun
Could not agree more....kept me busy and actively engaged with the lockdown time especially! People just don't get there is a REASON the first question the IRS asks on your tax form is have you bought or sold cryptos in this tax year....THEY know it is the future.

I have to wonder how many people that claim cryptos are WAY to dangerous sit at a slot machine, a blackjack table, or play craps when given the chance.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
Could not agree more....kept me busy and actively engaged with the lockdown time especially! People just don't get there is a REASON the first question the IRS asks on your tax form is have you bought or sold cryptos in this tax year....THEY know it is the future.

I have to wonder how many people that claim cryptos are WAY to dangerous sit at a slot machine, a blackjack table, or play craps when given the chance.
Haha
True

Not to mention that when all the giant institutional firms are all waiting for approval on their own ETFs for crypto they will explode
Fidelity, JP Morgan , Morgan Stanley to name a few
Old 05-21-2021, 01:03 PM
Veteran member

Crypto currency is a joke and when China bans it, all of it will fail, as it should.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,934 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote:

Wrong, the IRS is interested in crypto because they know people have made a lot of money on it and they desperately want to collect taxes on any and all profits.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:49 AM

Cryptos are not for everyone....however I believe there will be an announcement VERY soon at your local banks that Crypto currencies will be available at your local venue to ensure that those in the know will benefit from the transition. The commodities markets, the rate of inflation between now and 2022, the uncertainty of people returning to work (take away the fed $$$$ being handed out to now handing out $$$$ based on number of kiddos you have)....it is totally falling apart on them. The wheels are falling off the Central Bank Economy, and anyone that can not see that (lumber, oil, food, meats, gas) are sticking their heads in the sand.....this is the 70's repeating themselves, except Cryptos offer something we did not have. The Treasury Dept said they will have their "outline" for their digital currency in place by summer 2021. Ain't gonna happen in time to save the Central Banking System. If you refuse to believe the "supply chain" is broken, just try to buy a golf cart, furniture, gas, a new car, and you will quickly understand the above statement.

The entire world is soon gonna look like Cuba...you better have what you need, or you are not going to be able to secure it regardless of money you can throw at it. The last time you had trouble buying a new car was in the 70's and before that right after WWII. HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF
Old 05-22-2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Wrong, the IRS is interested in crypto because they know people have made a lot of money on it and they desperately want to collect taxes on any and all profits.
EXACTLY my point! People HAVE and will CONTINUE to make a lot of money off of them......Hello!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyD View Post

3) Is BTC a "currency" (it's initial use case) or has it transitioned to a "store of value"? Like gold, there's pretty much nothing you can buy with BTC w/out first transferring it to fiat.

4) What's your take on ETH?
I view BTC as an invention. Satoshi Nakamoto simply invented a new type of currency. It's value wasn't simply established out of thin air either. A lot of time and effort went into the original programing. Even now, a great deal of time, effort and expense to mine additional coins. Not too unlike the gold miner. Instead of a crushing mill to recover the gold, they're using servers and computing power.

The market/public will determine whether or not it's viable in the long run. It's appeal is that it can't be manipulated. By 2030 (I think) all the coins that are available will be in play. No more will ever be created. It's in its infancy and still highly volatile but there's little doubt it is shaping up as a store of value. Just ask the folks that bought in at the 10K range.

ETH looks like it might be a keeper as well. It's the fuel that runs smart contracts by way of blockchain technology. It's got some issues right now with speed and transaction costs. There are, however, other programs with their own cryptos that are working to fix the issues.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
Even now, a great deal of time, effort and expense to mine additional coins. Not too unlike the gold miner.
Have you seen the server farms in abandoned Olivine mines in Norway? Astounding. Shipping containers are placed in the mine and each container has 210 Antminer S9s. The chillers exchange heat with seawater and the energy is mostly hydro. BTC really does represent some work!
Old 06-22-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I believe it will drop back to the $30-33K range before rallying forward again. I can certainly live with that given we initially bought less than $3K per Bitcoin. HODLING for sure....corrections are not ONLY in Cryptos......jumping on the Dogecoin now for some REAL gains.

BINGO!!!! Here is your "fire sale"! Buy all you can afford. MSN
Old 06-25-2021, 11:21 PM

For those wanting to see the potential, here ya go.

Access Denied

(I have NO idea why it says Access Denied, I clicked on the link and it is attached.)
Old 06-26-2021, 05:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
For those wanting to see the potential, here ya go.

Access Denied

(I have NO idea why it says Access Denied, I clicked on the link and it is attached.)
Andrei Jikh has a good take on it as well see the link below. When Fed coin comes into play, it's going to change a lot of things. Instead of it taking 3 days to ACH money, it may take 10 minutes, then ultimately it'll be instantaneous. Why pay Visa 2% for a transaction when you can do it with fedcoin for almost free? Visa will have to lower fees and up the service and benefits or will be out of business.

Our Government Is Creating A Cryptocurrency | What You MUST Know - YouTube
Old 06-26-2021, 06:22 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Cryptos are not for everyone....however I believe there will be an announcement VERY soon at your local banks that Crypto currencies will be available at your local venue to ensure that those in the know will benefit from the transition. The commodities markets, the rate of inflation between now and 2022, the uncertainty of people returning to work (take away the fed $$$$ being handed out to now handing out $$$$ based on number of kiddos you have)....it is totally falling apart on them. The wheels are falling off the Central Bank Economy, and anyone that can not see that (lumber, oil, food, meats, gas) are sticking their heads in the sand.....this is the 70's repeating themselves, except Cryptos offer something we did not have. The Treasury Dept said they will have their "outline" for their digital currency in place by summer 2021. Ain't gonna happen in time to save the Central Banking System. If you refuse to believe the "supply chain" is broken, just try to buy a golf cart, furniture, gas, a new car, and you will quickly understand the above statement.

The entire world is soon gonna look like Cuba...you better have what you need, or you are not going to be able to secure it regardless of money you can throw at it. The last time you had trouble buying a new car was in the 70's and before that right after WWII. HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF
Scary if the govern will be charge of our money.
Old 06-26-2021, 12:57 PM

Which is why decentralized cryptos are the way to go...and Bitcoin will be in the 6 figures by 1 Jan 2022.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpefloral View Post
Just wondering if there are any clubs dealing with buying & selling crypto currency in or near The Villages
if there are any clubs please post them or contact me directly, I am interested in joining.

Thank you
Ed
ultimagtr@gmail.com
Closed Thread

Tags
crypto, currency, selling, buying, dealing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.