crypto currency

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2021, 03:26 PM

As expected, 2021 has been a wild ride in the world of crypto. A few months ago I was down nearly 50% from my cost basis, but I just checked my balances and I'm currently up over 50%.

For those of you who HODL, how are you doing year-to-date?

A few months ago I started hearing more and more about a coin called Solana, but since I didn't really understand the project and I had already invested all I was comfortable investing in crypto, I didn't buy any SOL. Short term at least it was a poor decision, when I first began looking into SOL over the summer it was selling for around $30, today it's at nearly $175/coin!

In other news I bought the Gemini dollar stable coin (GUSD) on the Gemini exchange and am earning 8% interest on my GUSD balance.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyD View Post
As expected, 2021 has been a wild ride in the world of crypto. A few months ago I was down nearly 50% from my cost basis, but I just checked my balances and I'm currently up over 50%.

A few months ago I started hearing more and more about a coin called Solana, but since I didn't really understand the project and I had already invested all I was comfortable investing in crypto, I didn't buy any SOL. Short term at least it was a poor decision, when I first began looking into SOL over the summer it was selling for around $30, today it's at nearly $175/coin!

In other news I bought the Gemini dollar stable coin (GUSD) on the Gemini exchange and am earning 8% interest on my GUSD balance.
After studying, CARDANO is my next crypto of choice....study it and you will see why. It is the 3rd largest crypto currency behind Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

I am HODL 0.5 BTC. Got in November 2018, so about 3 years now. I also hold about 180,000 NYC (New York Coin). It moves when BTC does, and in the same direction. 180,000 NYC cost me about 50 bucks a couple of years ago.

Last edited by coralway; 09-07-2021 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:

Year to date doing great even with today’s dip . Hodl and buy on the dips. I missed SOL and thought today would be a good time to get in but it only dipped for a little while and I missed it.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
After studying, CARDANO is my next crypto of choice....study it and you will see why. It is the 3rd largest crypto currency behind Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Yes Cardano/ ADA is going to go big
I got in at 1.25 and bought more at 2.50 waiting on the smart contracts to come and should go way higher. People are getting sick of high etho fees and Ada is the next big thing ( we hope) . All long term plays!!
Old 09-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Default name and account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
It is Coinbase who wants my bank online user name and password when setting up an account......anyone else having a feeling about this? Thanks
Not true if you are being asked for that info it is probably a fraudulent sight.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-tv View Post
Year to date doing great even with today’s dip . Hodl and buy on the dips. I missed SOL and thought today would be a good time to get in but it only dipped for a little while and I missed it.
Consider placing limit orders at a specified price to take advantage of dips that you might otherwise miss.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
BTC & ETH are my primary holdings (probably 85%?) with the rest divided up in roughly equal amounts of other alt coins, including ADA.
Closed Thread

Tags
crypto, currency, selling, buying, dealing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.