Recommendations for Investment Advisors

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Default Recommendations for Investment Advisors

I did a search, but most of the information is a bit older. We are looking for a local investment advisor... someone who will take our current portfolio, review it and re-invest it as needed, watching the market and moving money accordingly. Your recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Default financial advisor

We work with Cebert Wealth. Very personal attention. Regular meetins group and private. Yes, we did not suffer but a little in recent financial plunge. We are very satisfied. their phone #352-430-3083.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyej View Post
We work with Cebert Wealth. Very personal attention. Regular meetins group and private. Yes, we did not suffer but a little in recent financial plunge. We are very satisfied. their phone #352-430-3083.
They were highly recommended to us and have done a good job. We meet with Jeff Graunke with this group!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Veteran member

I have been with Morgan Stanley for more than 20 years. My personal advisor is in NY where I used to live. We talk often on the phone. I lost nothing in the recent crisis, and Morgan Stanley was untainted. They have an office in Lake Sumter Landing.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Gold member

We have met with a number of local financial advisers. A concern that I have had with them was the predominance that annuities (variable and/or indexed) played in their recommended portfolios. Some wanted to put up almost all of my portfolio in them.

From my external reading as well as my own analysis, annuities are not always the best way to invest money. From a high-level view, they are very attractive with their guarantees and ability to withstand market downturns. However, I have yet to find an annuity that does a good job in protecting against inflation. It seems that with all of them, once you start withdrawing money, it is very difficult for them to ever ratchet up so that the withdrawal will increase with inflation. Over a 20 or 30 year horizon, this can be quite devastating to one's income.

Perhaps annuities can play a supporting role in a portfolio, but I will feel more comfortable with an adviser who uses them as such, rather than the dominant role that most advisers around here are pushing (at least the ones that we have met with).
Old 03-08-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTgolfer View Post
I did a search, but most of the information is a bit older. We are looking for a local investment advisor... someone who will take our current portfolio, review it and re-invest it as needed, watching the market and moving money accordingly. Your recommendations are greatly appreciated.
David Blackston with Sorensen Tax Advisory Group....highly recommend..very professional and listens to us....phone number is 751-4590
Old 04-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Default Sunflowerinde

We met last week with Frankie Brin of Walnut Street Securities in Leesburg. Has anyone dealt with Frankie or heard of him? Walnut Street Securities is a division of MetLife Securities. We have done some research on the internet, went to the Attorney General's website and the BBB. Seems Metlife has had some issues in the past nationally, but nothing currently. The first meeting was a kind of getting to know you session. We have another meeting tomorrow which is to cover more specifics. Are interested in feedback from anyone who might have knowledge of Frankie.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTgolfer View Post
I have been very happy with Todd Yokum at the Smith Barney office by Sweetbay.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Default sunflowerinde

Thanks for response. Still would like to hear from someone who has worked with Mr. Brin. Will start separate thread and see what happens. We have not invested with him yet but he seems very knowledgeable.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Default Investment Management

Many options:

Financial Planners : [LIST=1]
1. Cebert Wealth
2. Royal Asset Management
3. Fross & Fross
4. And many more.

Stock Brokers: with offices in The Villages
1. Merrill Lynch
2. Smith Barney
3. Edward Jones

Trust Companies: often overlooked for sound investment management
1. Sabal Trust...office in The Villages...They have a $1 million dollar minimum to establish a relationship with them. They don't sell annuities, other insurance products, commodities, derivatives, or use proprietary funds.
2.USB has a trust department, been around this area a long time.
3. First National Bank of Mt. Dora has trust offices in Mt. Dora and Leesburg.
4. Community Bank & Trust operates their trust office out of Ocala.
5. Bank of America, SunTrust and others are out of Orlando
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.