Fross & Fross

Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Default Fross & Fross

I have checked previous threads on Fross and Fross Investment Firm. There is some positive info. My husband and I have a firm in Massachusetts who currently handle our funds. We would prefer to have someone local handle it for us. We talked with Fross and Fross and had decided to go with them but our current advisor told us that he looked into their firm and warned us against them. He said that no one there was designated as a Certified Financial Planner and their really employed by SII Investments. They never mentioned anything about selling us annuities, like some people have said. If your with Fross are you happy? Any info would be appreciated.

Home | Fross & Fross Wealth Management
This is their website.....

Last edited by Ad poster; 11-04-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab1948 View Post
I have checked previous threads on Fross and Fross Investment Firm. There is some positive info. My husband and I have a firm in Massachusetts who currently handle our funds. We would prefer to have someone local handle it for us. We talked with Fross and Fross and had decided to go with them but our current advisor told us that he looked into their firm and warned us against them. He said that no one there was designated as a Certified Financial Planner and their really employed by SII Investments. They never mentioned anything about selling us annuities, like some people have said. If your with Fross are you happy? Any info would be appreciated.
You should be interviewing them not the other way around. Our Wealth Manager is out of MI but is licensed in many states and owns two Ameriprise practices. He has several clients in TV and I would highly recommend him after all he did manage to get us retired at an early age. Respond to this if you would like his name/number.

Last edited by Ad poster; 10-28-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:

I'm happy with those guys (and all the helpful ladies). In early 2009 I gave them my money and they have been doing great. Most of it is in funds, and some is in an anuuity. The last two years the guy at H&R block said something because I did well and didn't pay alot in taxes.

Last edited by Ad poster; 10-28-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:53 PM

success seams to breed to breed contempt !!
Very happy with Fross & Fross

Old 07-23-2013, 03:20 PM

I was the original poster. Since then, we have gone with Fross & Fross and are very happy. We did actually go for another meeting and questioned them about what our advisor from Massachusetts had said. They explained in detail how they operate and so far we have not been disappointed. It does sadden me when people who have had no experience with someone are so quick to knock them or put them down. Just an observation.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Default fross & fross

We have used them for a couple years..Service is great...their decisions have helped us considerably...I interviewed four other investment companies before deciding to go with F & F...We made the right decision !!! They may sponsor a Polo team, others will give you a membership to a golf club or a gift card..if that's what you want..sign with others..if you want someone to manage your wealth sign with Fross.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I was the original poster. Since then, we have gone with Fross & Fross and are very happy. We did actually go for another meeting and questioned them about what our advisor from Massachusetts had said. They explained in detail how they operate and so far we have not been disappointed. It does sadden me when people who have had no experience with someone are so quick to knock them or put them down. Just an observation.
For the most part, those who expessed concerns about F&F did have experience with them in that they had interviews with them, saw how F&F operated and how they would invest their money. If they didn't like any of these details, why shouldn't they express their concerns when requested? I'm glad you are happy with F&F, but to belittle those who responded to your request is not called for in my opinion.

Your experience with them is fairly short. I hope you can report back in a few more years and tell us how your returns compared to benchmarks like the S&P 500.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Perhaps I am mistaken but I subscribe to that philosophy of "beware of Greeks bearing gifts."

It served me well in my corporate life in that I selected outside vendors, suppliers ,providers, etc based on performance . In fact every time I assume accountability for another department my first task was to determine if outside people were chosen on merit or perks.

Fross & Fross's noted for give-a-aways via golf ,etc. Before you answer too quickly by saying that they do so to show their appreciation that's exactly what I got from those vendors whom I let go after an extensive investigation showed me they were more apt to be prone toward appreciation then they were told successful results and the latter is what I was seeking.

Burton Malkiel in Random Walk speaks to the issue of holding long, benchmarks and low operating fees, etc.

I know nothing about Fross except the well publicized perks. I have no idea what their average ROI is for their customers nor the expenses and fees open or hidden associated with doing business with them.

I also learned that leading experts in this field argue all the time defending their various philosophies .

Since 1978 I have focused on investment and the most repeated issue of mutual agreement among investors speak to Burton Malkiel's basic investing principles.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Sage
Arrow Love Fross & Fross!!!!!

We have been with Fross and Fross since 2007. They saw us through the dip so my husband could sleep at night -- and since then we have not only rebounded, but with their guidance, we are way ahead of the game!

I can't say enough wonderful things about Fross and Fross and we know several couples that feel the same way. And, trust me, my husband and some of the people we know are not easy to please when it comes to financial guidance and investments.

FROSS & FROSS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!

Last edited by chelsea24; 08-01-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

I prefer people/organizations that do not display in your face buildings, cars etc.

I will take the understated professional who will gladly share with you his wealth, how he is invested and provide references.

btk

Old 08-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I prefer people/organizations that do not display in your face buildings, cars etc.

I will take the understated professional who will gladly share with you his wealth, how he is invested and provide references.

btk
precisely

Old 08-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Platinum member

I have no knowledge about Fross and Fross, nor about any perks they might provide, or entities they might sponsor. What I do know is that in any business that provides perks...........someone is paying for those perks, and we all know who those "someones" are!

Old 08-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Sage
Exclamation What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

btk
FYI They can afford an "in your face" building because they do such an outstanding job for their clients and if you can find "an understated professional who will gladly share with you his wealth, how he invested, " Share it with us all!!!!! haha! It doesn't exist. I, myself, do not trust "understated". Good luck!

WE LOVE FROSS & FROSS!!!

Last edited by chelsea24; 08-01-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:51 PM

We have been with Fross and Fross since 2004 and never regretted that decision. During the economic downturn they quickly made changes to our portfolio that prevented us from losing and actually made us money. We feel they have our best interest at heart. We can enjoy life and not worry. I feel very comfortable that if something should happen to my husband that they would be there for me. We have a personal review with them every 6 months so we can discuss any changes that need to be made. I can sleep very well.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Email Reported As Spam

The devil is in the details and no one has advanced discussion as to precisely what advice F&F offers, their fees (type ), the net %of ROI, etc so there is no way to compare to determine if F&F is beating benchmarks and at what costs?

How does F&F compare to fees ROI of say S&P 500 Index Mutual Funds? Counting dividends S&P 500 Index is up 177% since March 2009 and for the 24th time this year it hit an all time high

A repeated theme in the Wall Street Journal is that no one can beat the market and is the basis for some experts to suggest that benchmark funds with low fees in the long run produce higher ROI's .

The ugly truth is that in a good market a portfolio run by a chimp can make you money. However, its the down market that concerns us all and in that diversification is the key. Can a portfolio manager do better than an index fund? That is an ongoing debate in the world of investment. This is part of a conversation I had a few years back with an investment broker who claimed she was making a fortunate. She is the person who described the chimp analogy above. I was one course short of becoming a CFP but her conversation changed my mind.

I have no dog in this fight. Investment is very personal and very complex and thus requires a lot of research and verifying no matter who or how your portfolio is managed. Trust but verify its your money after all and you will be the only winner or loser

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.