Got a very nice email at work from a colleague today

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2021, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts
Default Got a very nice email at work from a colleague today

Last edited by CoachKandSportsguy; 06-28-2021 at 08:19 PM. Reason: envious of everyone retired today. . .
Old 06-28-2021, 07:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,796 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
She quit her job, as she did not want to return to the office in New York City. .
She was a hard worker, very bright, lots of education, after 5 years at the company. .

Second employee i know who has given notice in the last 5 days
and two other waiting to find new jobs before leaving
Lots of quits not putting up with the current bulls!t
That’s vague, Coach, what’s the bullsh*t?
Old 06-28-2021, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
That’s vague, Coach, what’s the bullsh*t?
Yes, would love to hear more on this.

Reading in almost every business journal that as many as 40% may simply quit instead of returning to work. Some want to continue work at home....concern over the kids......etc. etc. would like to hear the stories
Old 06-28-2021, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts

deleted posts as I can't retire yet, and living here is so attractive for activities. . . just being a grumpy old man. . .
Old 06-28-2021, 08:49 PM

Quote:
deleted posts as I can't retire yet, and living here is so attractive for activities. . . just being a grumpy old man. . .

Last edited by Becca9800; 06-29-2021 at 04:44 AM.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Don’t be envious, retirement comes with some hitches... old age and the grim reaper.
Old 06-29-2021, 04:58 AM
Platinum member
Unhappy

Old 06-29-2021, 07:26 AM
Veteran member

The trouble with so much of today's companies in corporate culture is that you do have to put up with a lot of BS yourself. My 40-year-old daughter will have to move back to San Francisco because they will be insisting on working in the office in October. I really think she will physically get sick if she has to do that as you all know how wonderful San Francisco is. I have listened to her meetings all week over the computer and now I know why so many companies makes a little profit as most of the meetings are 90% wasted time. So if you have children that run companies my simple suggestion might be to start motivating your employees a little bit more not just with money but with praise and thanks as in the next several months leading up to the end of the year a lot of people will definitely be quitting
Old 06-29-2021, 07:28 AM
Veteran member

When I had my own business for 10 years I was always doing 99% over the internet without their need for additional employees. We moved down to Central Florida when I was 45 and my wife was 50 as they were simply no need to put up with the high taxes and snow of the Northeast. It was the best decision I made even though I still had to travel quite a lot and go to the airport visiting clients it was definitely a much more relaxing atmosphere and much less costly overall. If I had had to put up with all of that BS in offices with employers and employees I might have had eight heart attacks instead of four
Old 06-29-2021, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
The trouble with so much of today's companies in corporate culture is that you do have to put up with a lot of BS yourself. My 40-year-old daughter will have to move back to San Francisco because they will be insisting on working in the office in October. I really think she will physically get sick if she has to do that as you all know how wonderful San Francisco is. I have listened to her meetings all week over the computer and now I know why so many companies makes a little profit as most of the meetings are 90% wasted time. So if you have children that run companies my simple suggestion might be to start motivating your employees a little bit more not just with money but with praise and thanks as in the next several months leading up to the end of the year a lot of people will definitely be quitting
There are many who have been in person durning the entire pandemic. They are alive and doing well. For some who grew accustomed to work at home, some company’s will continue, but many welcome going back to living in the real world
Old 06-29-2021, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Shortly after the Shutdown in March of 20, my company let go a lot of people and sent almost everyone else home. At one point there were 18 people in the building that normally had 150-300 depending on season. We are just outside of NYC.

I worked through the Pandemic and had enough. In January, I gave notice. Now I'm working at home in TV for at least another 6 months and will commute via United as needed.

I can definitely understand not wanting to go back.

Last edited by Malsua; 06-29-2021 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:19 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
There are many who have been in person durning the entire pandemic. They are alive and doing well. For some who grew accustomed to work at home, some company’s will continue, but many welcome going back to living in the real world
I think the real world, though, is home, hard work and sanity. We’re all very grateful to those of you who were on the frontlines and served this country tirelessly during the pandemic and must work “in person”.

But the truth of the matter is, much of the workforce can perform their jobs from home at this point. I remember from my working days those fruitless meetings that were mandatory. With Zoom available, most meetings can be held online. A big plus is there has to be a huge reduction of the carbon footprint with work-from-home employees vs the office cubicle. Far fewer motor vehicles commuting alone to say nothing about mammoth office structures maintanence with lighting, heating and cooling.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,504 Posts

After a meeting and wondering what had we really accomplished, I asked my boss,"just what was the purpose of that meeting". She answered, "same as every meeting. Schedule another meeting".
This, sadly, is a true story.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:51 AM

I wonder what has happened to society. Seriously, a growing number of Americans - either think they are entitled to simply not work and get life-time stimulus checks - or they are entitled to just work where-ever and whenever *they* want. And to top it off - they want all of this with the same level of income that they had pre-Covid.

Like someone else mentioned - what about all of the workers who have not adopted this mentality - health care workers, factory workers, construction, hospitality , ……….. thank goodness not everyone wants to simply sit on their butts at home - all day.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:39 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,065 Times in 534 Posts

I wonder why this is called Talk of the Villages..... this post has nothing to do with anything happening in the Villages. It should be called Random Thoughts of Villagers.
Closed Thread

Tags
lots, employee, current, notice, leaving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.