Got a very nice email at work from a colleague today

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2021, 08:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesrgreat@gmail.com View Post
I wonder what has happened to society. Seriously, a growing number of Americans - either think they are entitled to simply not work and get life-time stimulus checks - or they are entitled to just work where-ever and whenever *they* want. And to top it off - they want all of this with the same level of income that they had pre-Covid.

Like someone else mentioned - what about all of the workers who have not adopted this mentality - health care workers, factory workers, construction, hospitality , ……….. thank goodness not everyone wants to simply sit on their butts at home - all day.
I think it’s a human right to choose where you want to work and let’s face it, most office building cubicles stink. I don’t think humanity is going to hell because employees don’t spend endless hours shopping for office attire, commuting, gassing the car, packing healthy lunches and so forth. (And water cooler gossip is overrated.)
Old 06-30-2021, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,588 Times in 5,185 Posts

I was allowed to work from home more than 25 years ago when almost no one did. To me, it was a huge privilege and fringe benefit. But, when someone called me, they never got the standard "away from my desk" message. And, if there was an in-person meeting, I could be in the office within 30 minutes.
Old 06-30-2021, 04:29 PM

I was lucky, I heard more lockdowns... I bolted out of NY as fast as I could.
My Plan was already in the making, just Cuomo made my plans happen earlier.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:41 PM

How true, not anything about Village life
Old 07-01-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesrgreat@gmail.com View Post
I wonder what has happened to society. Seriously, a growing number of Americans - either think they are entitled to simply not work and get life-time stimulus checks - or they are entitled to just work where-ever and whenever *they* want. And to top it off - they want all of this with the same level of income that they had pre-Covid.

Like someone else mentioned - what about all of the workers who have not adopted this mentality - health care workers, factory workers, construction, hospitality , ……….. thank goodness not everyone wants to simply sit on their butts at home - all day.
What time is Tucker on?
Old 07-01-2021, 07:46 PM

La di da
Old 07-01-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I think the real world, though, is home, hard work and sanity. We’re all very grateful to those of you who were on the frontlines and served this country tirelessly during the pandemic and must work “in person”.

But the truth of the matter is, much of the workforce can perform their jobs from home at this point. I remember from my working days those fruitless meetings that were mandatory. With Zoom available, most meetings can be held online. A big plus is there has to be a huge reduction of the carbon footprint with work-from-home employees vs the office cubicle. Far fewer motor vehicles commuting alone to say nothing about mammoth office structures maintanence with lighting, heating and cooling.
I would hate to be an owner of commercial real estate at this time.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:59 PM

The diminished interest & motivation to work is something people have learned seeing freeloaders getting cash, health ins, housing, child care, free food, etc. 7 of my employees took the freebies after seeing patients dressed to the 9's, new cars, cruises & vacations, free college, etc. I closed after 40 years. They're not stupid.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
I wonder why this is called Talk of the Villages..... this post has nothing to do with anything happening in the Villages. It should be called Random Thoughts of Villagers.

And, that's o.k.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
I wonder why this is called Talk of the Villages..... this post has nothing to do with anything happening in the Villages. It should be called Random Thoughts of Villagers.
There are many different forum topics on TOTV. This particular thread is under Investment Talk. If you click on Today's Posts or Forum New Posts, you'll see the category of each thread listed over to the right of each thread's topic.

Tags
lots, employee, current, notice, leaving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.