Has anybody set up a Charitable Remainder Trust?

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts
Default Has anybody set up a Charitable Remainder Trust?

I am considering setting one up, either a CRAT or a CRUT, not sure which yet. This is very much in a preliminary planning stage so I would appreciate input anyone with experience in such matters can provide.

A friend of mine set one up to be managed by a financial management company highly rated by Barrons but they are firing him, probably for it being such a hassle, even though he has a separate CRT administrator who knows the ropes and can assure compliance with all governmental requirements.

I would be grateful to hear whether or not a CRT is working out for anyone. Thank you in advance.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 03-01-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I am considering setting one up, either a CRAT or a CRUT, not sure which yet. This is very much in a preliminary planning stage so I would appreciate input anyone with experience in such matters can provide.

A friend of mine set one up to be managed by a financial management company highly rated by Barrons but they are firing him, probably for it being such a hassle, even though he has a separate CRT administrator who knows the ropes and can assure compliance with all governmental requirements.

I would be grateful to hear whether or not a CRT is working out for anyone. Thank you in advance.
I have a CRUT since 2006. Funded it with proceeds of a large stock sale in which we had a large capital gain. Significant tax benefits at that time.Very pleased with no hitches at all. Any competent and experienced Financial advisor should be able to set this up. Also had review by CPA and Estate / Elder law atty.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:15 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Thank you. That is nice to hear.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
crt, set, separate, administrator, advance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.