How low will Gold go?

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default How low will Gold go?

I'm interested in how low people think the gold price will go. I have heard that the "fair" value for gold is in the $700 range.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:13 AM

I believe it will go up. All commodities down, gold hanging in there.
Flight to quality.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:04 AM
Sage
Default Worse before better

It will probably tank before it starts heading back up, up up!
Old 10-02-2015, 07:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm conflicted about gold as a safe haven. I don't really see the protection many say it provides. I get the inflation argument; don't know if I agree with it, though. But, during an economic collapse, I would think bullets, food and water would be king. Maybe rural land to escape to. But not gold, except maybe to buy bullets, food, and water.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:52 AM

As the economy stumbles, the gov. with print more (QE), the dollar weakens, gold goes up.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer View Post
As the economy stumbles, the gov. with print more (QE), the dollar weakens, gold goes up.
It isn't about the printing of money in my opinion. It is about wages. No matter how many dollar bills are printed, if they are not circulated in the form of higher wages, prices don't go up. Also, if governments of other currencies also print money, then the US dollar does not devalue against those currencies. For these two reasons, I don't see gold moving up. I mean, what can you buy with gold that you can't buy with fiat currency? With wages actually going no where and maybe even moving down, I think we may be entering a deflationary period.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:22 AM

I would agree (deflationary period) More QE coming as no growth or slower growth. I think the world economy is slowly working against us.
Seems like this stock market run up over the last 6 years with very little growth and fueled by the Fed. feels a lot like that real estate bubble.
Closed Thread

Tags
gold, low, fair, $700, range, price, interested, people, heard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.