How much money you need to save each day to become a millionaire by age 65

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Default How much money you need to save each day to become a millionaire by age 65

It doesnt take money to make money just start early and make smart decisions. If you want to get rich, start investing and start as early as you possibly can.

Read the rest of the story.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:26 PM

My wife and I have good health. We are not only husband and wife we are best friends. We have been ture to each other for fifty years but no matter where we go or what we buy they still want money.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:55 PM

If you have your HEALTH,and a mate who LOVES you , you are already a millionaire!!
Old 07-30-2015, 09:11 PM

We started at age 39.....and we made it...the question now is...is it enough?
Who knows? You hope...you plan...you save...but what will the world be like in 25 years? And will we still have enough? and what happens if we live 30 years?

I agree...the best investments are relationships...my husband and i have 43 years invested in each other...and no matter what happens financially....we still have each other.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:59 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

I bought my first stock out of the earnings from a part time job while I was still in high school. To this day I have never regretted starting to invest while I was still young.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-31-2015, 10:10 AM

You don't need to save at all. Just walk in to a bank and take a max loan. The same day go to other banks and do the same thing.
Also get lots of credit cards and take out max advance cash on each card. You will then have about one million.
See how easy that is.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:13 PM

Besides being fortunate enough to amass a seven figure portfolio having no debt upon retirement helps. Having good health and a loving spouse is the greatest asset of all.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,094 Times in 374 Posts

Harold Schwartz quote "Live like a Millionaire on a retirement budget". So if you live in The Villages we must all be Millionaires. "After golf tomorrow, which country club shall we go to for lunch?"
Old 09-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
It doesn’t take money to make money — just start early and make smart decisions. If you want to get rich, start investing — and start as early as you possibly can.
Does anyone else see the ridiculous conflict in these two statements?

It doesn't take money to make money, you just have to invest.

It almost always takes money to make money. Unless they can walk, it costs minimum wage workers to transport themselves to their jobs.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:07 AM

Once upon a time being a millionaire was quite an accomplishment. Back when a new car cost $3,000 and a new house $20,000. Now you can be a millionaire because you bought a house in California 30 years ago for $100,000 and today its worth $1,000,000. I would guess that most comfortable retirements consist of being debt free, having social security,a small pension and cash flow from a modest reliable investment portfolio.
As an aside. If you have a $1,000,000 IRA you take out 4% per year. You get $40,000 and your advisor gets $10,000 per year or 20% of the annual withdrawal. Then at 70 1/2 you have mandatory RMD's that require increasing percentage withdrawals until the $$$ is depleted. Sounds like a good reason to consider a Roth IRA IMO>
Old 09-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified Financial Group View Post
It doesnt take money to make money just start early and make smart decisions. If you want to get rich, start investing and start as early as you possibly can.

Read the rest of the story.
Dear Certified Financial Group: I have been involved in retirement savings since 1968 . I have yet to see an accurate predictive model because of the variables both human and mechanical. to wit many pension plans have to regroup because they discover the assumptions they made compared to actual results left them with serious liabilities. What the industry offers are general and consistent models that look nice but do not take into consideration real world events.

I still save and invest. I believe in holding on my investments, diversification, low fees etc. I believe in taking a conservative approach meaning that I needed to defer more earnings because the models provided
might well not meet my needs.

The rest of the story is how wisely one liquidates those savings following retirement?
Old 09-06-2015, 02:53 PM

[QUOTE=Certified Financial Group;1093290]It doesnt take money to make money just start early and make smart decisions. If you want to get rich, start investing and start as early as you possibly can.

That article assumes a 12% annual rate of return. Sorry but that dog don't hunt.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyandSteveG View Post
We started at age 39.....and we made it...the question now is...is it enough?
Who knows? You hope...you plan...you save...but what will the world be like in 25 years? And will we still have enough? and what happens if we live 30 years?

I agree...the best investments are relationships...my husband and i have 43 years invested in each other...and no matter what happens financially....we still have each other.
If you think you are running short on money and long on life consider an annuity. You would not get an annuity now but maybe in 20 or 25 years. At your age it could pay a pretty good monthly income due to the mortality credit.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:49 PM

Yes, the earlier you start to invest, the better....because "time is money" if you are getting any return on your investment....just mathematically speaking
Closed Thread

Tags
money, start, early, make, investing, rich, possibly, story, rest, read, decisions, smart, doesnt, age, millionaire, save, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.